A small setback!!!

raye1976
on 3/1/12 8:59 am
I don't believe this!!!  I fell down the stairs in my house Wednesday morning!  I tweeked my right angle and twisted my right knee.  So, needless to say I won't be able to exercise for the next couple of days.  Although, I was determined that I was not going to just sit and do nothing, so I got up and walked around my house (slowly of course) for 10 minutes at a time.  Yesterday I did it for 30 minutes (10 minutes each time) and today it looks like I might get in 40 minutes!!

I know that I have changed my way of thinking because pre-op this would have been the excuse that I would have been looking for in order to stop exercising.

The ankle is much better today but the knee is still killing me.  I have been icing it in between taking my walks.  Does anyone have any suggestions of other things that I could be doing for my knee?
raye1976            
TheBiscuit
on 3/1/12 9:08 am - TX
 Holy crap~! That's very scary. I'm a young pup at 25 and I've fumbled down a few stairs in my day-- it HURTS! Even with extra padding lol! I'm glad you weren't more seriously injured. Do be careful! Our bodies can be really unpredictable and fragile post-op with bruising and just plain not realizing what we can/can't get away with anymore!
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

moonglo82
on 3/1/12 9:15 am, edited 2/29/12 9:16 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Ice for 3 days, heat afterwards.

It sounds like it's just going to be slow going. If you're able to walk on it, then it doesn't sound broken. However, if it's still hurting in another day or two, you may want to get it checked out.

Good for you for not letting this stop your exercise altogether! Anything is better than nothing

Feel better soon!

Edit: I just reread and saw that this has been hurting since Wednesday. If it's not better in the morning, I would consider getting it checked out. With it being the start of the weekend, you don't want to be in agonizing pain all weekend!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

MareTallama
on 3/1/12 10:41 am - NY
VSG on 01/03/12

You should have your knee checked to make sure you don't have an ACL tear. Those happen pretty easily - my friend had one that needed surgery just missing the bottom step of a ladder.

That being said, it's great to hear you're still determined to stay on program!!

I hope you feel better soon!

HW & SW: 251 CW: 166 GW: 145  Month 1: -24lbs  Month 2: -11lbs  Month 3: -13lbs Month 4: -10.8 lbs.
Month 5: - 11.2 lbs  Month 6: -9 lbs  Month 7: -6 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 182 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views