2 Wheeled NSV

DaBigKahuna
on 3/8/12 6:39 am
From as far back as I could remember until my late 20s, I used to love riding bicycles. When I was in my mid-late 20s I was riding 100-150 miles a week. It all changes when I moved to a more urban area and it wasn't as easy to get out. (I'm in my early 50s now)

I've tried riding in the past 10 years or so, but the combination of my weight and stamina made it pretty much impossible to ride more than a couple of miles.

Some friends participate in "Cyclone Coaster" rides. The Cyclone Coasters are a group of vintage bicycle enthusiasts. They host monthly rides around Long Beach. The bikes range from before the turn of the 20th century through the 1970s but you are welcome to join in with any bike.

Well last Sunday, I joined them on a beach cruiser I had and rode over 12 miles through Long Beach. Now I'll be the first tell you that the pace was leisurely.. the joke is that "If you spill your drink, you're going to fast." and the  terrain was pretty flat, but it was a nice ride and the next day the only discomfort I had was a little "saddle" pain. I am SO looking forward to next month's ride.

BTW, it was the largest CC ride every... almost 200 participants.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views