any way to get foamless protein shakes?

Debra P.
on 3/10/12 11:52 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 There are the protien puddings and hot cocoa etc. at dietdirect.com
They have so many different forms of protien from nectars to puddings to broths, theyre really good.

Shana16
on 3/10/12 12:42 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I make mine the nite before and have no foamy.  Been doing it for over a year now.  i like the taste of it better if it sits over nite.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

buttercupnectar
on 3/10/12 12:50 pm
I use the Advantage Whey Protein sold in Walmart and have found that it is thinner than the others I have tried (liek chocolate milk) and has no foam at all even after being in the blender for over 30 seconds.  I tried the Chike Strawberry and so did a surgery buddy of mine and it acted like a colon cleanser!  Try their samples first to see how you react to them.

LisaR1975
on 3/11/12 4:12 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12
I didn't like the foam either so I started to mix mine using the blender ball cup and also using water instead of milk.  I haven't had a problem with the ready to drink kinds being foamy just the powders I use.  I like them much better mixed with water.
doggz109
on 3/11/12 7:29 am, edited 3/11/12 7:29 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Blend or stir.......many shakes (particularly Nectar and Unjury) do not do well in those "shaker cups".

I actually gave up.  I use RTD shake if I just want a quick shake (Premier Protein) and save my powders for when I have some time and will get out the blender.

grisaille
on 3/11/12 9:25 am - NC
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. . .I have found stirring works the best for me (over Blender Ball shaking). And when I let it sit in the fridge it does get less foamy.

Don't have a blender so I may get one as the Ready To Drink shakes will cost me too much over time.

My favorite RTD is the FRS Blackberry Acai (25 gm protein/11 gm carb in 12 oz). I am not as fond of the milkier protein shakes - the FRS tastes more like fruit juice. So I pleased it was not cellulose based but whey based.

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
Twizzled D.
on 3/11/12 11:46 am
 I forget if it was at Walmart or CVS, but I got these plastic 16oz travel containers - it's a screw-on lid with a little pop top opening. Every morning, I add in my GNC protein powder and a cup of light soy milk, and shake it by hand. There's no shaker ball or anything in it, just shake and then it sits about 15-20 minutes until I'm ready to drink. There's no foam, and as long as I add about half the milk before the protein powder (and then top it with the rest of the milk), it mixes without clumps. 

They also had a 32oz plastic bottle that is fantastic for getting water throughout the day - tummy doesn't handle cold liquids so well, so that hasn't been an issue with letting the water go tepid.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views