One wee****il Blastoff!

ELevyNJ
on 3/12/12 10:43 am - NJ
I'm scheduled to have The Gastric Sleve performed on the 19th by Dr. Seun Sowemimo

When my friends and coworkers ask me if I'm scared. I honestly answer them no. I know I will be in good hands and this is what is right for my future.

I don't tell them I'm apprehensive about my future. I know my attitude will change as my life changes. Before I decided on the surgery I didn't plan for the future because I knew with my weight and family history I most likely wouldn't have a future to plan for.

I'm also apprehensive about how some of my friends will treat me. None of them have tried to t alk me out of this but I know our interests will dirverge. Rather than going to the buffet with a large amount of cheap food I would rather go to a more expensive place where I would have high quality food because when I am able to have solid food a meal will last me a while.

So I can let everything out here because this is for those of us to rely on each other.

What should I honestly expect after the surgery? What should I buy to make being home easier? What did you bou thinking you would need it but didn't?

I normall;y sleep on my back because of my cpap. Should I get something to support my side? Is that blender that cooks soup a good idea?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views