I'm not asking for a Pity party

Healthier2011
on 3/18/12 10:40 am
Full liquids, you can have yogurt, cream soups, pudding, etc.  Protein will get easier the further out you are, don't beat yourself up - you are having a little buyer's remorse which is TOTALLY normal.  It will get better, I promise!!!
kam0520
on 3/18/12 10:55 am - AL
Full liquids for us was anything that could fall off a spoon, very liquid grits and oatmeal counted for that.  Also if we put something like chicken noodle soup in the blender, we were allowed to have that too.  Try some yogurt, that would help fill you up.  Try things that are a little more dense to help with the hunger pains.  We also would blend ice, milk, and SF Pudding powder to make a fake milkshake add some protein powder if you can.  

I know it's difficult, but you will make it through!  We were on full liquids for only 2 weeks, then we could do mushies.  I hope that stage is coming for you soon!  Good luck and hang in there!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
sublimate
on 3/18/12 10:55 am - San Jose, CA
I'd recommend chicken broth with unflavored protein powder, every hour or so. This will keep you from getting sick of the sweet foods, and keep you pretty full.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

theshrinkingmimi
on 3/18/12 11:28 am
You are miserable because it sucks. Your plan is harder than man was.  But I can honestly say that the first couple of months are a blur.  I don't remember much about my early months. So, I guess that means that I am not traumatized from it. 

Being conflicted by the decision is useless negativity. No point in adding to your torture. The stomach is gone now.

Hang in there.  Try to eat more frequently even if a smaller amount so that you don't get hungry. This too shall pass.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
J.Lo 74
on 3/18/12 12:22 pm
I was on clear liquids for over 3 months (complications)  so I know how you feel.  Sending hugs to you and hope these last couple of weeks fly by.

Jen
Starfish40
on 3/18/12 12:22 pm
VSG on 03/06/12 with
Bless your heart. I cannot imagine doing clear or full liquids for that long. I guess all surgeons are different because mine has me transitioning every week from clear, to full, to puree, then soft, then regular.

I don't know if you have told your doctor that you are hungry and are having a hard time with liquids for this long, but I think someone else on here contacted their doctor because they too felt like they were starving. And I believe they actually moved her up to purees. It's worth a shot.

Good luck and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.

Hugs!

HW: 333, SW : 300 CW: 275. GW; 150

kahlana
on 3/18/12 12:56 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I had the hungries so bad at 3 weeks too and I was faithfully taking a PPI and it was NOT helping soooo I cheated and added some low fat yogurt and applesauce and it helped a TON with the hungry feeling. I wasn't doing a lot maybe a couple table spoons but it seemed like the more solid foods helped whole lot more with that empty feeling.
Good luck hon! You can do this! Its not for much longer I promise

My Blog My Facebook

A H.
on 3/18/12 2:12 pm
Revision on 02/09/12
Try fage total 0% Greek yogurt... 18g per serving. I sweeten mine with vanilla stevia drops, it is a full liquid. Hang in there, I had four weeks of clears. It can be worse

Band (09/07) removed, revised to sleeve 2/9/12.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views