Im sick and its hard to get food and water down and take meds

countrytat
on 3/19/12 4:08 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
I am sooo feeling like total ****! Been sick for a week... first with pain from a ruptured cyst....On Wed. went to ER for that, they gave me vicoden and the pain went a way for a day. Then later that day started getting sick with sinus infection, or whatever it is I have.....went to urgent care on Friday, got a Z-Pak and Zyrtac-D....took that, then Sat. the pain from Wed. started coming back but on the other side..... so they check me in, says it might be kidney stones moving.... they give me a script for percoset. I come home about 1am Yesterday and continue to take the meds while my stomach feels nasty/naseaus..... feels icky to eat anything and to drink anything..... didnt even drink 8 oz of water yesterday. Last night took a sip of water to take another percoset and before the pill goes in my mouth I feel like Im gonna puke.... first time since surgery that I "puked"..... nothing came up.... just dry heaved.  I dont know what to do :(....... I still feel sick to my stomach, Im hungry but cant eat much.... less than normal, and Im not getting in much fluids at all. Im still having pains in my back and stomach from a cyst or kidney stones or whatever the fk it is, and im all stuffed up, coughing with mild earache and congestion...... Any suggestions?.....I have been to the ER twice last week and urgent care once. I called my surgeon but the nurse has not called back yet.....

trayb17
on 3/19/12 4:21 am
VSG on 01/05/12
I hate to say it but if you get dehydrated you will probably feel even worse. You may need some fluid by i.v. to get you over the hump. Hopefully your surgeon calls back soon! Feel better!!
DragonGirl
on 3/19/12 4:41 am - MN
I'm so sorry you're feeling so sick!! You poor thing, you must be absolutely miserable! Please make damn sure you don't get dehydrated. If they don't call back, just go in! I know thats not what you want to hear, but getting dehyrated is going to cause you a world of hurt on top of anything else you have going on! Drink whatever you can get down...no matter what it is!

Blessings and hope you feel better soon!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views