Sleeved and at home!

firefly2000
on 3/21/12 8:28 am, edited 3/20/12 8:55 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
Hi everyone!

I was sleeved yesterday, and just got home a little while ago. Surgery went well, it took about 45min. from start to finish. I am feeling very, very, tired from the anesthesia, and have had a constant headache since the start of surgery. I have some pressure and tenderness around my rib cage. My throat is sore from the tube they put down my throat, and most of all my mouth is so, so dry! I have been sipping about 1oz of water per hour, and that's about all I can tolorate at this point.

My surgeon was great and he checked on me quite often. My white blood cell count was a lille high after surgery, which my Dr. kept a close eye on. He said if my numbers did not go down that I would have to stay another day in the hosp. In the meantime they sent me to xray to do the leak test. All I have to say is yuck!

After all my tests came back fine, the Dr. released me, Yeah! It's great to be back home! I'd like to give a big shout out to my hosp. roommate, Susan! She is awesome! Susan also had WLS, and we bonded through our pain, and bathroom runs! We exchanged numbers and plan on supporting one another throughtout our journey! Overall, I am so happy with my decision to have had WLS! Like most of the vets have shared, it is a little rough in the begining, but well worth the journey to health and happiness! Lesley

Kevin H.
on 3/21/12 8:30 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Glad to hear it went well and your home!

PS:  there are about 50 lines of blank text after your last sentence :)

firefly2000
on 3/21/12 8:49 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
 Hey Khessmd,

Thanks for your warm wishes. Also, thanks for the heads up with all the blank lines after my post! I guess I am still a little groggy!! Do you know if I can fix it? Or do I have no choice than to leave it the way it is?!
Lesley

Kevin H.
on 3/21/12 8:51 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 just hit EDIT and delete the blank lines if you want :)

cmp067
on 3/21/12 8:33 am
VSG on 03/23/12
 Yay! I am so happy your home and it went well! I am on for Friday, nervous but excited!
Citykitty
on 3/21/12 8:37 am - Sydney, Canada
Congrats Firefly,

Isn't it wonderful to be on this side of the surgery!  You'll keep doing better and better as time goes on.  The anesthesia did a number on me too.  It was weeks before it came out of my system.  Don't ever believe them when they say it will wear off that same day.  I remember being the same way when I had gallbladder surgery(the old way).  One minute I would think I'm fine, then five minutes later I'd feel like I'd been run over by a truck and needed to sleep.

Good luck on your journey and welcome to the loser's bench.

LISA C.
on 3/21/12 8:44 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
Glad you are home and recovering well!
sonjakp
on 3/21/12 8:55 am - douglasville , GA
VSG on 03/30/12
I'm happy for you that everything went so well ...Now get some rest and sip sip away

Sonja

jennygalthin n
on 3/21/12 9:05 am
wishing you a speedy recovery .. my day is Friday 03/23/12

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/12 9:24 am - NY
 omgggg u made it through well u make me feel much better about doin mines next week wednesday im so happy for u hun im going for my pre surgery test at the hospital 2morrow u go gurl rock that sleeve
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views