EMOTIONAL!! CONFUSED!! SCARED!!

kucletsa
on 3/21/12 12:35 pm - Canada
 I am too confused!  Too scared!'. I have an appt for an orientation on Tues at HRRH!  But was supposed to go to TWH on April 18th orientation. I am really torn on which one to go to???  

I have three gorgeous girls. Twin 3yr olds and a gorgeous 12yr old girl. A very very loving spouse and he poses the question. What do we do if you get really sick?  What if you die?  It can happen to anyone. I am so scared and most of all REALLY emotiOnal. My heart feels this is the right thing to do.  But he is right?  What if something happens to me?

I am physically healthy, no medical issues. Just a really unhappy person not happy in her skin'

What do I do..which hospital do I go to?

REF SENT: DEC 2011  ORIENTATION: APRIL 19TH, 2012!!!!    
Debra P.
on 3/21/12 12:49 pm - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 Are you a gambler? The odds are good you will do just fine...

BeatrizS1974
on 3/21/12 12:53 pm
All those things run through my head too.  But in the same token you can get into a fatal accident,  You could get hit by a bus crossing the street.  So many things "could" go wrong either way. 

You may be physcially healthy now and have no medical issues now but that can easily change from one day to another. 

And as far as both your appointments Can you check them both out and see which one you like best? 

Good luck
Gabesmom128
on 3/21/12 12:55 pm
 Are you a christian? If so listening to grace preachers like joseph prince and studying the word of God and prayer have been helpful for me to feel confident in my decision. I will pray for peace for you.
Kevin H.
on 3/21/12 12:56 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I"m more scared of what WOULD HAVE happened had I not gotten the surgery and stayed almost 400 lbs for the rest of my life, stroke, heart attack, diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney failure, etc.  Those are things that will happen.  My surgeon has not had one person die on the operating table yet.  Which would you rather have?

Good Luck to you!  I have faith that you will be just fine.  If people died like your talking about then this wouldnt be done hundreds of times a day across the world.

Eula "Evie" R.
on 3/21/12 2:23 pm - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi,
I am also a Christan. God made a way for me to have this surgery. I put it in his hands and he made the way. I was getting so big and my health was going down hill fast. I really believe this surgery saved my life. When I want to over eat I have to do some praying. Really I felt like I was in more danger of dieing if I didn't have the surgery. To me the sleeve surgery was not that bad at all. What a wonderful gift to me. I feel you will be saving your life and add many more years to your life and to your family. 
God Bless you
Evie

carrierae
on 3/21/12 4:38 pm - WA
by not doing something about the stresses you are putting in our body with the excess weight you are a catastrophe waiting to happen. There is a reason it is called morbidly obese.

I know where you are coming from. I too was "healthy" meaning no diabetes, high blood pressure etc..YET. I have a 5 year old that is my universe. My hubby was really upset and stressed at the not ins of what if. He was that way until I came out of surgery, but also supportive the closer it got.

I was really worried too. But I had to face facts. I didn't have symptoms of morbid obesity yet but they were just a matter of time. Mentally I was not healthy because of my weight and how unhappy I was in my own body. I was not being the best mom because I had to not do things because of my size, and how winded/worn out I got from being active. I was not being a good wife because I was ashamed and embarrassed by my body and lack of control.

I knew this was not going to get better, it was going to get worse if I didn't take immediate control. I have learned in this journey that sometimes the best thing we can do for our loved ones is to be a little selfish and do what is right for us.

I don't know what hospital you would choose from as you are not in my area. I do however know that you are taking the right step or you, and your family. You will be a better you, a better mom and a better wife. Think of the lesson you will be teaching your girls. You will not pass down the healthy habits that got you to where you are. Instead you will pass down to them that it is okay to be couragous, strong, selfish when needed and not afraid to accept help when you need it. What a wonderful gift you can give.

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

kucletsa
on 3/21/12 9:35 pm - Canada
Hello

I know. That is what I thinking. I am playing Russian roulet with my life now. I am always tired, no energy, eating unhealthy, 100% not happy with who I have become!! I love my kids to death. I want to give them everything they deserve and need from a mother

Thank you kindly for your encouraging words!

I am Greek orthodox. But I am no lesser religious than a christian. I pray that god leads me to be healthy. I try to think god introduced me to this type of surgery. God led me here to help me. I did however ask last night for a sign. And my email beeped on my phone. I checked and it was from one of my mom groups titled "how to cope with the death of a parent"?? How would you see that!??? Just my luck to happen at the moment of asking for a sign????

Thank you all for replying. You have definitely helped me!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views