Had a total stress meltdown today at work

Michelle10929
on 3/23/12 10:00 am - NC
I had my endoscopy yesterday, my sleep study a few days ago, and the last of my appointments this coming Tuesday.

This morning I got the results of my sleep study and have to be brought back to do another sleep study w/the cpap. Just hearing that my oxygen saturation was dropping in the low 80'**** me hard. So, while I was already feeling overwhelmed with all the appointments the past few days.. I had no idea that everything would hit me so hard.

So, I went on my lunch break and my mind was just going a mile a minute stressing over everything. And just so you know.. I am the goofball at work. I am the one who tells people to stop stressing the small stuff. And I have a picture I pull out of my drawer when people have drama fits. Its a picture of a Llama that says "Oh nooooo the drama llama followed you home!" LOL. So, for me to have a stress meltdown expecially at work is a big deal.

I walked in the door from my lunch break and two co-workers were like OMG what is wrong? I just lost it, told everybody. Announced to 10 co-workers what is going on, why I'm going on so many dr. visits, and why I was so stressed. They immediatly brought me out of my mini panic attack by saying oh thank god.. we thought you were about to tell us you were pregnant! LOL

I feel better now. But wow.. it all hit me so hard. I have no fear of the surgery, and I'm still 100% moving forward but jeeze. I have my psyche visit Tuesday.. think I should bring all of this up to her?
cbz1815
on 3/23/12 10:30 am
 LOL - at least you AREN'T pregnant!   

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1002835/tickers/cbz18154ffc4e0ad3061cc9a4a78b5c152e9570.png?1322016825
soon2b20
on 3/23/12 12:15 pm - NJ
It can all be overwhelming.   I felt like I was seeing a doctor every week for months.    I don't think there was an area of me that wasn't checked.  It was very stressful but I kept telling myselt that the doctor just wanted to be sure I was going to be as safe and healthy as possible for my surgery.

My major meltdown came on the highway going to my final visit with the surgeon before my surgery.    That's when I completely lost it and had to call my sister to talk me off the ledge ! 

sunnymicki
on 3/23/12 12:25 pm
It is ok to talk about stress at your psych appt, because it is totally normal to feel like that.  Just also be prepared to answer questions about your coping methods and support systems.

And I get where you are coming from.  Once I finally faced the real consequences of my obesity and the very drastic thing I was about to do to fix it, I had more than one "moment."  Like just sitting in my car bawling to my husband on the phone after I had to go on BP meds. 

Journaling helped me the most.  You are embarking on a huge journey, and anxiety about it is normal.  Especially after getting bad medical news - but at least you can look forward to a possible reduction of symptoms or even possible resolution of the problem after losing weight post-op.

Best wishes!

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Most Active