Increase in body odor after losing a lot of weight?

cassieb113
on 3/25/12 10:53 am
 Bacteria causes smelly sweat, try an anti-bactirial soap like Dial and a deoderant with minimal ingrdeiants. Whole foods has an organic one. Good luck.
BeatrizS1974
on 3/25/12 12:10 pm
 I was just gonna post that you can "Catch" it from someone else.  When my brother was a teenager i remember my mother putting Milk of Magnesia on his arm pits.  And after a few applications the stink would go away.  Hope that helps
joeswife
on 3/25/12 11:23 am - CA
I don't perspire a lot either, or smell often. But since surgery I have noticed more odor. It is actually more common than you are aware of. I think it may be hormonal. I change my deodorant every once in a while and that helps. But I have not sweated enough for it to be offensive. I'll take washing my pits more often than all that fat any day!

sleevegirl
on 3/25/12 11:36 am - Austin, TX
This may or may not help... I'm not much of a heavy sweat-er either... but my poor 11 year old son is going through some hormonal stuff and OMG, he reeked. We changed to Speed Stick (from Axe) We switched him to Dial soap and no difference, so I went online and researched. And researched.

He's now using Degree For Men Clinical Strength. He actually puts it on at NIGHT after his shower.

OMG. It's freaking awesome. He now smells like a kid that's been playing outside when he comes in, not rotting meat. (It was BAD). Anyway... not sure that will help, but might give you an idea. I've heard Degree "Workout" or whatever it's called is really good for women as well.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

TarCh71
on 8/26/15 6:14 am

You are so funny!!! I have the same issue, although I'm 44 years-old. Makes me furious to :(  Why do I smell NOW that I'm smaller!?!?!? Doesn't seem fair!! The replies regarding hormones make sense, and I appreciate the information. Maybe this major change in my life will put me into early menopause, I can only pray :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views