Sleeved 8 days ago...12 lbs down baby!!!! (long!)

firefly2000
on 3/28/12 7:34 am, edited 3/27/12 8:51 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
Hey everyone,

I was sleeved last Tuesday,(March 20th) I just came back from my 1st post op appointment, and I am happy to announce that I have lost 12 lbs!!

I was so scared when I stepped on that scale!! I had been waiting to weigh myself all week, but chose not to in case I was still retaining water weight from IV fluids. Needless to say I was so happy, and so was my surgeon!

After I was weighed the Dr. checked my incisions, which are still covered with steri strips. He said that if they didn't fall off by Saturday, that I can remove them while in the shower.

We then spoke about how I was doing with my protein shakes, and water. I told him that I have no problem getting in 2 1/2 shakes a day, which total 70 grams protein. Water on the other hand has not been so easy. I manage to get in about 30 oz a day.

Next, we talked about the the next phase, pureed foods. He told me that I can start as early as Monday! I was shocked! I thought I had to be on full fluids for at least another 10 days!! Nope, Dr. said I was good to go!!

Oh! I forgot to mention, my sleeve sister Susan, that I met in the hospital, (she was my room mate, she too had WLS, and the same surgeon as me!) We made our 1st post op appointment together so that we could see each other!! It was great to see her, and she lost 14 lbs!!

So my new goals are: to drink more water, keep up the 70 grams of protein, and start going to the gym. My Dr. told me that I could take cardio classes!!

I'm sending a big shout out to all my sleeve sisters and brothers!! "Can you hear me? We got this!!!"

Lesley

felicity2u
on 3/28/12 7:35 am - LA
That's awesome! Keep up the great work!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

sassygirl23
on 3/28/12 7:38 am
Lesley,  it sounds like you are right on track.  Congratulations!  And I think that is a great idea to keep in touch w/your 'sleeve sister'.  LOL  I will remember that when I am in the hospital.

patti327
on 3/28/12 7:38 am - Glendora, NJ
Wow, good job!! Keep up the good work! Can I ask you what part of NJ you are in? I am in South Jersey, wondering if we lived near each other.
ELevyNJ
on 3/28/12 7:45 am - NJ
That's great news.Friday I go for  my first post-op visit. I have been finding it had to get enough liquid in during the day. I don't like my shakes but love the greek yogut I'm able to take now (send week) I an looking foward to the next stages.

I bought a gas grill for cooking. I'm going to be grilling fish, burgers and steaks this year. I'm not going to be able to eat large amounts but I want what I eat to be tasty.

I'm in NJ also in Ocean County.
firefly2000
on 3/28/12 7:50 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
 Hey Patti327,

Thanks for the kind words! I live in Bergen county, which is northern Jersey. Did you ever hear of the town Paramus? Or the Paramus Park Mall/Garden State Plaza? I live one town over!! What part of southern Jersey are you from?

Lesley
patti327
on 3/29/12 2:57 pm - Glendora, NJ
 Hi Lesley

Yes I have heard of Paramus.  Never been there tho!  Until recently I lived near Absecon which is 15 mins from Atlantic City.  Now I live in Glendora, which is about 1 hour from Philadelphia.  
How are you doing?  Feeling okay?  You sound great for being sleeved only 8 days ago!
Take good care! ...........Pat
amyl0528
on 3/28/12 8:17 am
You go girl!!!  Keep up the good work, I'm inspired!!!

VSG Surgery May 1, 2012
Kristyg34
on 3/28/12 10:01 am - San Diego, CA
VSG on 03/21/12
Wow, I was sleeved on 3/21/12 and I go for my first post op tomorrow.
I am right in line with what you are doing.  I hope I can follow in your success.
I am excited to hear what my surgeon says tomorrow.  Congrats to you!

Kristy
Inspire!

Traci M.
on 3/28/12 10:07 am - CT
VSG on 03/13/12
You go girl!!!!!!!Cong!!!!!!

Traci

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views