Newbie and Hopeful

Bayougrl26
on 3/29/12 1:41 am
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

So I have decided on VSG.  I have great insurance, *if* they will approve me.  I met with the surgeon on Tuesday, and was 6 lbs shy of 40 BMI and I have no co-morbidities.  However, I started with a NUT two months ago and I was well above my required BMI.  I am hopeful the insurance will take her information.  

If I am approved, I am only required to do 2 weeks of a liquid diet (no 6 month diet required, etc).  So I am hoping to do the surgery soon, should the approval come through.  I am also a student with two weeks of finals at the end of April, beginning of May.  

My first of many questions is:
How difficult was the two weeks of liquids?  I ask because ideally, I'd love to schedule the surgery the week after finals, but I worry that finals AND no solid food will be too much, the carb withdrawal will make me foggy etc.  Besides, I've been fat this long - what is two more weeks?

I'm obviously worried about recovery, and wanting the good, bad and ugly on recovery.

Last, (for now), I am scheduled for a trip to Europe (my first one).  I am scheduled to go mid-June.  Will I be okay if I have surgery at the beginning, middle of May?
Marabell
on 3/29/12 3:06 am
VSG on 06/07/12
I think your health has to come first...only you can answer what kind of burden the weight is on your body right now.

If waiting is not too dangerous for you, healthwise, then.....

In my opinion, I would wait until AFTER returning from the trip to Europe....you want to enjoy your trip....but mostly, you will need/want to focus on your sleeve, your health, and getting your new way of life in order......JMO

Good luck--lots of good people on this board..you will learn alot from them.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 447 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 467 views