Life changes and stress

honeyrider11
on 3/31/12 2:46 pm - Fairfax, VA
VSG on 03/06/12 with
 I'm 3 weeks out and I've been emotinally eating. I feel so guilty, but I'm currently going thorough my divorce and I had to temporarily move in with my folks while I recovered.  I find that I'm reaching for goods that I k kw I shouldn't have because of all the added stress I'm dealing with. Any words of  encouragement would be appreciated. 
galiaire
on 3/31/12 6:41 pm - Australia
First of all, Divorce is HARD!!!  So be gentle with yourself.  You deserve extra love and TLC at the moment, give yourself permission to do extra nice things that don't involve food.  Go for a pedicure, or a long walk in the sunshine, or take up a hobby you've always been interested in but never had time for, or sit down and make a list of nasty things to do to your exhusband ... ok, I probably don't recommend this one but still.  Go out with a girlfriend and see a really stupid chickflick.  You get the idea.

Second of all, everyone makes mistakes, especially when stressed, so all you have to do now is focus on today.  Ignore any eating mistakes you may have made yesterday, (or this morning, or whatever) and just start over.  You're only 3 weeks out, you should be most worried about liquids and protien at this stage so try to focus on that.

If you feel so inclined, a counsellor or therapist is probably a really good idea at this point - I know talking helped me when I was getting divorced.  

Feel free to PM me if you need to vent or talk.  Or post on here.  We're here for you!  

I believe it will all work out okay in the end.  If it's not okay, it's not the end.

honeyrider11
on 4/2/12 5:00 am - Fairfax, VA
VSG on 03/06/12 with
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I will most definitely be sending you a PM later on. Would love to talk more with you.

Aaisha
Traci M.
on 4/1/12 9:42 pm - CT
VSG on 03/13/12
I'm sorry to hear your having such a hard time.Divorce sucks period end.So many diff emotions love,hate,doubt,pain,what ifs? I know I've been through it.Time does heal all wounds my friend trust me.You will be a much stronger woman after this. Now as far as the.food thing your human.Just take day by day do the best you can.Try to remind yourself why you had your guts ripped out lol I look at it this way not an excuse to eat they way you are but imagine if you didn't have this surgery how much you would of been eating OMG you'd be gaining all kinds of weight.Begood to yourself.Good luck and you already know I'm here for ya PM me anytime xo

Traci

honeyrider11
on 4/2/12 5:02 am - Fairfax, VA
VSG on 03/06/12 with
Thank you Ms. Traci, I'm really glad I got to "meet" you on here. You have been a great postive force through this whole thing. How have you been?
Traci M.
on 4/2/12 8:33 am - CT
VSG on 03/13/12
I'm much better thanks.have my 3 week follow up tmorrow shld be able to eat mushies tomorrow Thank God lol I'm really not hungry 2 be honest its such a weird feeling lol

Traci

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views