Waiting game for approval...

LunaChic
on 4/3/12 6:41 am - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with
Ugh -- this is so unnerving.  Why is my doctor's office waiting til the last minute to submit everything to my insurance for approval?  She seems confident that I should get approval in 5 days, but my surgery is scheduled for April 12th and I think she's cutting it too close.

So obviously this is bothering me so I called to kindly follow up with her again.  Now she is telling me the insurance lately has been taking 7-10 business days and that she submitted the paperwork yesterday.  She's killing me!

I guess I'm just venting -- i'm sure other people here have probably gone through this anxiety.

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

MyFitnessPal:  MissLunaChic      (Looking for friends - feel free to add me!)

Marabell
on 4/3/12 6:59 am
VSG on 06/07/12
Wow...its like you read my mind today....I was told almost two weeks ago that it would be submitted "tomorrow". Well this last Friday they told me Saturday so I called my insurance ....again... .and..nope...nothing from the docs office...so I called them..which I know I am irritating them....and I was told they sent it Saturday...yeah sure. Anyway....you are not alone...i know they are busy...I get it....and I am not the only patient eager to get approved....but if you tell me something...I expect you to follow thru......so frustrating...

LunaChic
on 4/3/12 7:16 am - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with
Yes!!! You totally get me Marabell!

I went on vacation from 3/16 - 3/22 and had all of my requirements in 3 days before I left on vacation. She told me she would put it all in. Didn't do it. I come back from vacation hoping to hear back about approval and the paperwork is still sitting on her desk and she's asking me all the same questions she had asked me nearly 2 weeks prior. I wonder if she's lying to me about submitting it just to get me to leave her alone (even though I haven't been calling her everyday). It didn't dawn on me to call the insurance to see if they received it.

Thanks for the tip!

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

Marabell
on 4/3/12 7:23 am
VSG on 06/07/12
Sure! Well...here's to getting approved...SOON!!

BeautiifulEvolution
on 4/3/12 7:52 am
I completely understand... Oh and I'm from Newark too!  Anyway, I had a bariatric coordinator at my doctor's office and all of a sudden she no longer works there... No one called to notify me and the new person that took over my case is LOST as all hell!  She is asking me for stuff that I submitted already... completely clueless... My date is April 18th and somehow, I know that it's not gonna happen.  I'm getting frustrated and very discouraged. 
missdani2u
on 4/3/12 9:27 am
Revision on 08/13/12
Luna Chic I can relate my insurnace coordinator has been sending my info to the insurance company for  about 2 weeks..Its driving me nuts!
Michelle10929
on 4/3/12 1:44 pm - NC
I'm doing the waiting game too right now, but thankfully my Dr's office was on the ball. I called to tell them I was finished with all my criteria, and they said they would submit it that day (last friday). I called insurance today to make sure they received it and they did.. last friday! So, I was told to give it 10 days. I have it on my calendar at work to call insurance in 8! LOL

I also found out that I work with 3 other women who have had the surgery through my company/our insurance and they all said it was great, easy ect. So I'm trying to stay positive. Pretty cool that my office only has 18 employees and I'll be #4 for bariatric surgery!
Marabell
on 4/3/12 3:20 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
Wow...that is really something....4 out of 18...nice that you all have each other to relate with...did any of them have the sleeve too?

Michelle10929
on 4/3/12 10:28 pm - NC
Well, I'm thankful of my little mini-mental breakdown that I had here one day when I just confessed and told everyone lol. Because then the practice manager, clerical manager, and lab tech all confessed that they had it too :)

And no, they were all bypass patients. I have 2 other friends that were bypass, and 1 sleeve friend. Its nice to have people to talk to for sure.
LunaChic
on 4/5/12 12:09 am - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with
That is so cool that you have co-workers who are familliar with your surgery.  All of my co-workers think i'm nuts to willingly under-go surgery.  I don't think they'll find me nuts when they see me vibrant, healthier and skinnier.  :D

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

Most Active