6 months come and gone

judyk62
on 4/3/12 12:35 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
 In all seriousness, thank you for this post. It is really good to hear someone give an update of thier journey, warts and all. I think it's good for the rest of us to know that we are "normal". None of us is perfect with this, but regardless the journey is amazing and we have a lot to be grateful for. 

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

jessicae
on 4/7/12 5:56 am
 it hasn't been a bump-free journey for me, ER visits twice and fluids received, 2 CT scans for a spleen injury that happened during surgery, and now i have gallstones and am hoping it stays quiet so i don't have to have it removed.  however, i would not be able to do it without the surgery.  that's what i am thankful for.  for having the courage to move forward instead of always looking back.  

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

howarli
on 4/3/12 11:20 pm - MD
I am so proud of you my sleeve sister.  I wish you continued success on your lifetime journey.  I am at a crossroad right now. Starting taking fiber for constipation  2-3 weeks ago and I gained about 10 lbs.  I have just been reading about fiber and learned that it absords alot of fluid so I will tried to increase my water intake to 100 oz a day and see if that works.

jessicae
on 4/7/12 5:58 am
 constipation is my mortal enemy right now.  i take miralax a few times a week and it does wonders.  i probably will end up having to take it for a lonnnngggg time.  i can't imagine being able to get in 100 oz.  good for you!!!  

how are you feeling otherwise?  i started training for some runs and am not doing as well as i expected to be.  i'm really out of shape!!!  (and somehow that's a surprise for me).  i finally was able to run a 1/2 mile without stopping and then had an asthma attack afterwards so it's back to the drawing board.  

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 107 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 385 views