6 months come and gone

jessicae
on 4/3/12 11:13 am
 i can't believe that last week was 6 months since my surgery.  it seems like a lifetime ago.  when i think back a year from now, i was already in the midst of my pre op testing, i think i was doing the endoscopy and cardio work up around this time.  it seems so long ago!  thinking the 5 week liquid diet would never end, worrying about being put under, being sure it wouldn't work for me, all that worry and i turned out ok.  there's still days where i feel exhausted and am continously re-learning how to eat.  some days i get in tons of protein, other days just the minimum.  the thing i am still struggling with is getting in enough liquids.  still hovering around 40 + ounces.  started taking biotin for my hair loss which was rough for a few months but is slowing down tremendously.  

i started my pre op diet at 280, was 264 at surgery, and am now 189.  that is unbelievable to me.  every day i stare at myself and wonder if i will see the way i truly look.  i still see my faults, and am working with a counselor on that part of it.  regarding extra skin, my arms are horrible, but the rest of me not so bad.  lower stomach is icky too.  not enough to make me want to do ps yet though.  i have about 40 pounds left to lose to make me feel comfortable with my own weight, and 52 pounds until i am "normal" according to the bmi calculator.  my surgeon said he'd expect me to only lose another 15-20 but i am definitely not stopping at that.  

i went from a size 24/26 to a size 14/16.  i think i was 19 last time i was in that size.  

to all those who are newly post op or pre op and close to surgery... truly is the best gift i've given myself.  amazed everyday at my strength that i did this and am changing my life, and in charge of my future instead of food being in charge of me.  

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Marabell
on 4/3/12 11:21 am
VSG on 06/07/12
Thank you for posting...I'm waiting on approval....it is so overwhelming..thinking about what to eat..what not to eat...etc. it is nice to hear the success stories

jessicae
on 4/7/12 5:51 am
 sorry i checked my replies late... hopefully by now you've heard back about approval.  it becomes much less overwhelming after about 5-6 weeks out.  hang in there! 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

roundater
on 4/3/12 11:21 am - Lincoln, NE
Congrats on your loss. I have found that Crystal Lite really helps me get in the liquids.
Rich Sonderegger

jessicae
on 4/7/12 5:52 am
 it's funny you say that, i just bought pink lemonade crystal light and am trying that!  i also bought diet decaf iced tea and will try that too! 

NUJoyce
on 4/3/12 11:26 am - Hayward, CA
I am 6 months tomorrow!   I know the changes are amazing.   As my skirt was sliding off my body today I realized that I have to put this in the donate pile too.

In the last 6 months I have lost 61 lbs, husband moved out and my cat died.   It has been an amazing 6 months that I wouldn't change anything except maybe the cat.

judyk62
on 4/3/12 12:33 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
 Love your post about the husband and cat. We all know what is most important in our lives!

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

jessicae
on 4/7/12 5:53 am
 lol, geez a busy 6 months for you!  sorry about the cat, it seems like the rest was good news?  changes are amazing, i agree. 

A2Z_Mom
on 4/3/12 11:56 am - Ellisville, MO
VSG on 04/09/12
Congrats on your success & thanks for your inspiration. Posts like yous remind how much I am confident in my decision & ready for this journey on Monday...

Btw, I have recently tried the Wal-Mart brand of Mio & it is helping my whole family increase their water intake.

jessicae
on 4/7/12 5:54 am
 i used mio pre-op, i should probably get back into it!  so your surgery is this monday!  how exciting!  welcome to a brand new life! let us know how it goes and remember, it sucks in the beginning, but each day it really does get better.