VSG post-op day 7 ???

Laura S.
on 4/5/12 8:17 am - CT
 I am still on a clear liquid diet, I still have ALOT of bloating and abdominal gas.  I also wonder if my colon was rerouted, as I find I urgently need to hit the bathroom, although liquid comes out.  Lol

I am living to introduce protein and shakes for week 2.  Hmmmm does this mean at 14 days or entering week 2, (day 8) which would be tomorrow.  My pants are falling off my azz!!!!!  I started liquids 5 days before surgery so I am READY!  

Advise or comments from those who have been on the bench longer than me???

Thanks!!!!

newme2011-2012
on 4/5/12 8:26 am
starting week 2 would be tomorrow.
Liquids in means liquids out ..It won't last forever.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Laura S.
on 4/5/12 8:33 am - CT
 Thanks do much Julie!!!!!!

jenius
on 4/5/12 8:52 am
That is tough! I was miserable being on liquids (but not clear) for 3 weeks. I am eating "normal" food now and feel great! Just wait until your iron supplement makes you constipated and you will be wishing for the liquids again, LOL. Hang in there!
Highest Weight: 270   Surgery Weight: 247    
*****VSG 2/16/12*****      
Laura S.
on 4/5/12 8:56 am - CT
 Haha... I knew whining about looseness will turn on me!!!  Lmao

I just feel pretty weak from crystal light and broth... 

moonglo82
on 4/5/12 9:16 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I'm right there with ya! I actually started protein drinks on day 4, but my drinks are very thin and it took me 2 hours to get down one 11oz drink. Still won't be guzzling them tomorrow, but they get a little easier every day.

But seriously... I am so with ya right now on the eating thing! When do you get to eat again? I don't start full liquids until Monday, which I have to do before ten days before I can even think about soft foods... ugh!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

atkinson5069
on 4/5/12 9:45 am - new britain, CT
VSG on 03/26/12
wow i had to start liquids on march 12th had surgery on the 26th and im still on liquids they gave me protien in the hospital and been drinking it ever since im actually walking 2-3 miles and jogged yesterday and started wieght lifting.im from ct to were did u have ur surgery?i have a total of 4 weeks of liquids start muchy food monday
moonglo82
on 4/5/12 9:49 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I had my surgery in Mexico.  My theory is that my surgeon is being ultra conservative about letting me move on to each next stage because it's not like I can realistically fly out and visit him if something goes wrong lol.  I see the reasoning behind it, but man does it suck right now!

I do need to start my second protein drink of the day though... maybe that will help!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Laura S.
on 4/5/12 10:25 am - CT
 My surgery was at Hartford Hospital, March 29!!!!

moonglo82
on 4/5/12 10:26 am, edited 4/4/12 10:35 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Sweet! That makes us sisters! :)

Edit: Sorry... I just woke up from a loooong nap before coming back to this thread, and it just occurred to me that the post I was replying to here was not about the date, but about the location haha! Excuse my sleepiness :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 97 views