Protein Question

Back-To-Amy
on 4/7/12 11:20 am - Coppell, TX
I have my first appointment the my doctor on Monday so I'm very early in this process. However, I've already starting trying different protein powders as I am an EXTREMELY PICKY eater/drinker. I simply do not like sugar free things because I've yet to find a sugar substitute that I can tolerate.

Anyway, my question for y'all is during your preop diet and liquid portion of your postop diet, did you have to drink the protein powder with milk/water or could you actually make a smoothie/shake using fruit. I just cannot see getting it down without being able to "hide" it.

Thanks!
 ~Amy

Only when you assume full accountability for your thoughts, feelings, actions and results can you direct your own destiny; otherwise, someone or something else will. 
----------------------------------------------
Check out my blog:
http://myjourneytoamy.blogspot.com/
happyteacher
on 4/7/12 11:30 am
 For my pre op my Nut said to use water.  Post sleeve, she suggested milk to help with the protein. I don't like it with milk for some reason, I suppose because I started out with the water base and got used to that.  Fruit pre op in the shake wasn't really suggested, but then again I never asked.  Gook luck on the pre op diet!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Marabell
on 4/7/12 11:42 am
VSG on 06/07/12
Yeah Im funny about all that fake sugar stuff..im ok with stevia...take a look at the link...you can get samples from them

http://www.tryabouttime.com/

There are some other decent ones out there too...

my preop protein drinks can be milk..water..sugar free non carbonated drinks or FF sugar free yogurt....NO FRUIT

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 155 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 427 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 445 views