How you doing?

alasvolattpropriis
on 4/7/12 6:07 pm - MA
VSG on 02/08/12
I'm confused - on  everybodies questions when they hear you had weight loss surgery  "How do you feel?" Are they talking medical, the loss of weight, your state of mind, & or etc.... I know that I'm the same person I was before the surgery. The only things that are different is that I look different (in nice clothes) & I approach eating in a different way. Is this just me????       

sleeved2bfree
on 4/7/12 7:04 pm
VSG on 02/08/12
 I used to ask this question a lot of the people I know who had wls. Before wls when I dieted I felt like crap. I saw people losing weight, fast, and I wondered how they felt. Dizzy? tired? sick? I don't feel any of these things, but I worried about feeling these things. 
edelu
on 4/7/12 7:56 pm - los angeles, CA
I've always taken this as physically.  I think it's hard for non  wls people to understand how people can live without what was once a huge reason to live food, so having made a major life change "How do you feel" also I've heard it asked of cancer patients and so i think for some it's the post major surgery aspect.  Most people in my family have never seen a hospital outside of childbirth.
INgirl
on 4/8/12 12:11 am
I respond to this one the same as I do when I get the compliments of "you look great/wonderful/skinny etc".. I always say with a big grin - "I feel great!." It's true, and it's the best response to those curious about how you feel physically, and a fantastic response to those that want to focus solely on your appearance too!

If they are really curious, they'll ask more specific questions.. which you can answer or not, depending on your own feelings on that one :)

calculady
on 4/8/12 5:41 am
VSG on 04/03/12
 My work friends think I've lost my mind.  I don't care.  I did this for me! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 87 views