after surgery

Easttexansleever
on 4/10/12 12:55 am
 I've always had trouble with nausea after anesthesia.  I explained that to my anesthesiologist prior to the procedure and was given a scopolamine patch.  It worked amazingly!  It is placed behind your ear and stays for 72 hours. Good stuff!
gettinghealthy12
on 4/10/12 1:48 am
VSG on 04/11/12
THank you so much , I really appreciate all the advice, and you sharing your stories. I am looking forward to sharing mine> This website has really helped put things in perspective !!
SoSoHappy
on 4/10/12 7:21 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
 I was sleeved last Friday.  I got sick from the anastesia and the nausea meds. I was basically asleep for 24 hours. I am now home after 2 nights in the hospital getting stronger each day. I am actually doing a little work today. I am, however, still very sleepy. Each day gets better. Walk and sip. I have no hunger but for some crazy reason I want pickles.  
gettinghealthy12
on 4/13/12 5:50 am
VSG on 04/11/12
Glad to hear you are home and doing well, I got home last night, so just one night in the hospital!  I was ble to let the doctor know that I may get sick,, so they gave me something for it, and I had no problems.  I am still a bit sore in one particular area. So i am taking my liquid pain meds every 4hrs. I am trying the unflavored protein in a drink, and it does not taste very good. But I am sipping and doing a little walking around the house. trying to get into a little of a routine , while I recover !
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views