after surgery

gettinghealthy12
on 4/9/12 4:40 pm
VSG on 04/11/12
Did anyone get sick after surgery, especially from the anesthesia?  I have surgery on wed. morning, and I have not been put under since I was young, and I got really sick after , so I am concerned ?
Gettinghealthy12    
sweettooth58
on 4/9/12 5:17 pm - IL
Yes it happens. I just had my surgery last week and i was out of it for 2 days.
Sending well wishes
incnm1
on 4/9/12 6:10 pm - Waterville, ME
I just had my surgery, I have gotten very sick after past surgeries, so I told the anesthesiologist about my problem, and they made sure that I didn't have any nausea.
1london
on 4/9/12 7:41 pm
Hi, I had the same concerns, so I told the anesthesiologist that I have had problems in the past (I did not tell them it was years ago...just that anesthesia makes me very sick) and I was given something as soon as my I.V. was put in before surgery.
Right after surgery I told the nurses that I needed something for nausea and was given phenegran before my pain medication. I was not actually "nauseous" just a tad queasy, but did not want to go down that path.  So I received phenegran every day until I was released, I just wanted to stay on top of it.  The last thing I wanted to worry about was vomiting with my new tummy.
Walking really helps with everything!  I only needed the pain pump for the first day and a half and even then I did not use it often.
So I never did experience nausea while in the hospital or at any time and I was there for 3 days (normal time for my Dr.) and each day I had phenegran and also the morning I went home -I had an almost 3 hr. car ride home. 
So surgery went well and I have felt great ever since.
Best wishes to you! :)

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 4/9/12 8:28 pm - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Just tell them that you have nausea with anesthesia and they SHOULD fix you right up.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Michelle from Louisiana

Stayce
on 4/9/12 8:55 pm
VSG on 03/28/12
 I was very nauseous after surgery, but I knew that I would feel that way because my anesthesiologist told me that I would when I saw him at my pre-op appointment. He gave me a patch to put behind my ear the night before my surgery. After my surgery I lived on them giving me phenegran. I finally was free of nausea on the third day when I was released from the hospital. My anesthesiologist said that nauseousness is one of the main problems that he has noticed that people getting sleeved have complained about. As far as pain from the surgery itself, I never experienced any pain.

Good luck to you!
 Life is not an emergency, live one day at a time.        
luvnmenow
on 4/9/12 8:55 pm - NH
Hello,  I asked about that.  they gave me something before they put me out,  and they do while your in surgery,  and will when you wake up.  It will help after if you feel like being sick to take deep breaths.
julesGA
on 4/9/12 10:45 pm - Brunswick, GA
 This sounds crazy but it works..if you start heaving and feel like you are going to throw up, wave an alcohol pad under your nose.  The nurse did it for me and the nausea went right away. 

bigmama3
on 4/9/12 10:49 pm

I was extremely ill in the recovery room--I was also in excrutiating pain.  Me thinks someone stole my painkillers :)

My husband heard me screaming (i was the last patient of the day and there was no one in the waiting room) and barged into recovery.  The nurses finally did something for me.

This is extremely rare--most people don't experience this (I'm told).  All in all it was worth it--hit goal in a short period of time.

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

tSqrD3
on 4/10/12 12:23 am - PA
VSG on 02/27/12
when I was young I used to get sick from the anesthesia, but surprisingly after my surgery I did not get sick. Everyone is different though, I pray for the best for you. Good Luck
Im trying...   

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views