Allergies have got me up all night so I figured I would update

Jasonm11
on 4/10/12 3:38 pm
I check the board from time to time but as always is the case lately, I never get to update.  So I'll take the time to do so now, while I can't sleep.

I am slowly drifting down to 210.  I will lose two one week, gain one, then lose three gain two over and over with a gradual shift downward.  Being past my goal I am hesitant to be too excited as I really want to stop losing weight but at the same time, I don't want to gain any at all so its kinda driving me crazy.  My wife gets annoyed because I'll say I'm fat then complain that I'm still losing weight.....just the way my mind thinks I guess.  Or I actaully am crazy....could be that ;)

My wife and I, along with the in laws are going on a cruise to Alaska in May.  Will be the wife and my first cruise and my first flight in a plane that has more than 4 seats.  So an adventure I'm sure.  Will be nice not having any concern over fitting in seats and such.  I have absolutely no intention of worrying at all about what I eat for the week of the cruise and fully intend to order room service and eat meals that will destroy any resemblence of a 'diet' that could be had.  I expect to gain 5-10 pounds, though I question whether that will be possible short of water retention from sodium that I am sure is packed into all those meals.  Fortunatly and unfortunatly, my restriction is still pretty dang tight so I'll be able to enjoy a bite of just about everything served like I usually do at nice dinners.  Works out well.  Really adds variety but sucks when you get that one dish that is just so good you wish you could tear it up. 

But as for clothes, I am now in medium shirts, though t-shirts I still like loose and opt for larges or xl since my man boobs still have enough skin to make them shine brightly through a tight tshirt.  Dress shirts though and polos, medium it is.  I've really grown to love the tight fitting golf style polo....dri fit material.  They look nice and fit comfortably.  Pants I go for a 36 though I need to start looking towards a 34 if I drop any more.  For my khaki shorts I actually opt for a 38 with the belt drawn tight.  For whatever reason the pockets seem larger and my iPhone in an Otterbox case doesn't like to fit in the 36 pockets like it does in the 38.  Iunno....

My diet hasn't changed much lately.  Tacos 4 times weekly atleast.  Carrabbas wine dinners once a month and wine wwednesdays once a month.  The wife and I love their food and we can share entrees to make wine wednesdays work.  The wine dinners, which are a full 5 course meal served with wine, end up being left overs with me taking a bite or two of each and letting my wife drink most of my wine.  Its expensive for not eating much of anything but the atmosphere and family style seating with 8 people you have never met before make it worthwhile.  We have really come to enjoy those nights.  Check our your local Carrabbas Amici club to see if they do those....lots of fun...

I still do bratwurst for lunch about 2 times a week.  Chicken Ceaser salad with no dressing every wednesday.  I can eat about 4 ounces of chicken and a good bit of lettuce in about an hour.  I stay away from the cheese and croutons for the most part.  Just nothing there for me.....breakfast as always, a piece of bacon and 1 medium egg on a single piece of whole wheat toast...I am a man of routine....when foods taste so good, fit my nutrional plans and just simply work, why change?

I had started letting diet sodas creep back in more than I was comfortable with so I have started weening off of those.  I had gotten to where some days I would get a 32 oz fountain diet dp and sip on it all morning till it was gone.  While it was only about 20 ounces considering the ice, I don't like the road that was leading me down.  I have dropped out those and moved back to my Community Dark Roast coffee with a splash of skim milk and no sugar/sweetener.  The small amount of caffeine helps me get thrrough the day and the little boost in protein from the milk never could hurt.  I drink about a pot a day.  Some days 2....

So that is where I am at.  Only thing I don't like out of this process is the extra skin.  I look at my belly and see the same fat person.  The skin has the same shape, albeit much smaller dimensions as it did before so as I slowly lost all the weight, my mind still sees a fat stomach....of course, I can make my nipple touch my waistline so I know I have an abundance of extra skin.  I doubt I will do anything about it though.  I have no issues with infections or nastiness of any kind related to it.  My legs, thighs and arms seem to have tightened up to where there really isn't any noticable skin hanging, though I do work those muscles often.

Anyways, have a great day and good luck for those of you early on or just starting this process.  As always, feel free to message me if you have any questions.  And the general disclaimer, follow a well designed plan for success, not what I or someone else tells you works for them. 

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
jengo1971
on 4/10/12 9:36 pm
Thanks for the update, Jason.  Sounds like things couldn't be better for you.  I understand completely about the skin.  I'm unable to wear the clothes I'd prefer due to extra skin on my stomach and arms.  You know the dreaded muffin top and bat wings.  Congrats on your success!

Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
maxie1
on 4/12/12 10:58 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

Jason,

Glad to hear from you I am happy you are doing well...

susan

susan                                                                                                
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views