I am tapering off my Gabapentin today! Just need to vent...sorry!

Softballgal73
on 4/17/12 11:27 pm
Everyone is different, I know this. I have read where some people haven't had a problem with losing the weight while on Gabapentin....but I know this is what is causing me to stall! About a month ago, my prescription ran out and I didn't make it back to Dr. to get it renewed for two weeks, during that time I dropped 10 pounds (and I started going to the bathroom regularly).  When I take this stuff, I just can't go to the bathroom regularly. I'm sick of it and ready to deal with some pain if it means I can lose some more of this weight. I am going to use the gabapentin when needed for bad episodes (flare ups of my nerve pain). Just needed to vent:) Thanks for listening.

Hislady
on 4/18/12 10:43 am - Vancouver, WA
You really need to contact your doc, if you are having nerve pain there are many other pain meds you can use. There is no sense in being in pain when there is a legitimate reason for it. Going with out can also cause gain from higher cortisol levels you develope when in pain. See your doc and explain the problem, see if they will give you something different.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views