Eating less 6 mo. post op

Carlen T.
on 4/19/12 8:29 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I am 6 mo post op and doing well; except I have occasional problems being able to eat. Last night I got two bites of fish and 1 bite of quinoa in and I was done. So I drank a protein drink and call it quits. I've been able to eat a little more at lunch, but not too much. It scares me a little as we go into hot weather, as I normally lose some of my ability to eat in the heat. Has anyone else had this problem? I just keep on with the protein drinks and hope this passes.

Carlen T        

carrierae
on 4/19/12 8:43 am - WA
I am really oping for this. I eat way more than ost people and have to I order to ot be starving hungry all the time.

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

Shagdoll
on 4/19/12 8:43 am
I hope the hot summer weather kills my appetite, maybe then I can reach goal.
Ok sorry, on a serious note since you are concerned. Have you spoken to your doctor about this? I am 8 months out & have had episodes when I'm not hungry & would barely get 400 calories in a day. If you are worried, talk to your doctor or Nut so he/she can give you some suggestions.
Good luck!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/12 11:36 am
I'm 4 months out and just recently with through an almost 2 week period where I couldn't really eat anything - just yogurt, maybe a little cottage cheese - everything else was just protein shakes. I enjoyed it as I lost a great deal of weight in those 2 weeks, but I got back to eating regular food. Just one of those phases that can happen from time to time...
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views