Diet Sweets and Sugarless Candies

HowieG
on 4/20/12 5:41 am
VSG on 03/28/12
I am talking baout diet sucking sweets or candies. Not chewable. Is there a limit? Are they allowed or taboo.  What's peoples' experiences with this.
Please Comment
To infinity and beyond - I have an ongoing blog Pre -> Post - Feel free to drop in 
                                  http://howiegordonadaped.blogspot.com/ 

moonglo82
on 4/20/12 5:46 am
VSG on 03/29/12
You have to be careful, because they still have carbs. I tried some last night to help with constipation, and I got a headache a few minutes after finishing one (it was a sugar free jolly rancher).

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Father Don
on 4/20/12 5:49 am - Charleston, SC
Carbs and I was told Sugare Alcohols DO have a glycemic factor...

Basically, take the total number of sugar alcohols and divide in have - that the glycemic equivelent of sugar grams you're taking in. 

Make sure you count the carbs....

Also, to some, sugar alcohols have a laxative effect!  Be forewarned!

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Donna B.
on 4/20/12 6:21 am
My favorite is SF Werther's Caramel Coffee.  One has about 10 calories.  It doesn't affect blood sugar so it doesn't make you hungry.  I limit myself to one or two a day.

55 y.o.    5'4"      HW: 180's      CW: 127      Doctor's GW: 130           My GW:  117        

~ working on reaching goal again after regain            

HowieG
on 4/20/12 7:02 am
VSG on 03/28/12
 I cannot believe that you wrote that. Those are the exact sweets that I am talking about. Good to know that I can feel free to eat them. Even better to know that I must limit myself. I was having around four at a time
I love this forum
To infinity and beyond - I have an ongoing blog Pre -> Post - Feel free to drop in 
                                  http://howiegordonadaped.blogspot.com/ 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views