United Hethcare

TNERNURSE
on 4/23/12 12:57 pm
 Mine was covered by UH 80/20 and did require the 6 months supervised visits. Also my plan  did not cover the psy. eval.  ...Each insurance company offers various plans of coverage depending which one your employer choses. So all BC/BS are not the same. The best way to know what your individual coverage and requirements is for you to call yourself or ask surgeon's office to verify coverage. Myself and several co-workers took advantage of FSA ( flex spending accts) to cover co-pays, psy eval., medications, and the unexpected expenses.Good luck! 

bigtigger1010
on 4/24/12 12:54 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
it has nothing to do with UHC actually... ur employer decides which coverages they r paying for (thus what UHC pays out to it's employees) and what stipulations r attached to any of the procedures they choose to cover...

I to have UHC and my dr's office was very concerned when i said i didn't have to do a 6 mo diet (because most UHC do, according to her) but my husband employer has written in their contract with UHC to cover it and does not have a clause for 6 mo diet... so, for me, it was not required...

I would call back (the number on the back of ur card) and ask them specifically what is said in ur policy, through ur emplyer, for the VSG (code 43775)...

write down exactly what they say and who u speak with... if u dont understand the wording, ask them to clarify what it means... my reps were very helpful... if u still dont understand maybe u can call ur insurance coordinator in ur surgeons office and see if they can help decifer the wording...

Good luck!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

NewtoYou
on 4/24/12 11:30 am
VSG on 09/10/12
Thanks everyone for replying.
I did call back today and gave the number that was listed here   (thanks for that) and it IS covered and I do not have to do dr visits.  

Tomorrow I go to Bangor and do my nutritional class and physical therapy, then sleep study a week later, then Dietitian, then psych... after that it's on to the surgeon!   Yay!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views