Dr ben meir patients - let me hear from you

Ohiogirl
on 4/25/12 6:44 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
  Deciding where to go for the gastric sleeve - any patients of Dr Ben Meir from St Vincents Charity Hospital in Cleveland - let me hear from you - RNY, Lap band or sleeve surgeries - hwo did it go and what did youthink of the program there?
connieleec
on 4/25/12 10:42 am
VSG done 4/9/12 after six months of medically directed diet required by insurance.  Everyone..... from patient advocate, dieticians, front desk clerks, nurses, PA, Dr Ben-Meir and Dr. Salamone ......was professional, efficient and kind.   The hospital staff........pre-op lab, pulmonary lab, XRay, pre-surgery prep, recovery and nursing staff in both ICU and on the floor.....again very nice.  Even the dietary aide and cleaning people were nice, asking how I was.   There is much to be said about the smaller hospital experience vs the mega institutions.
After reading many posts on this forum, I feel Dr. Ben-Meir's program is pretty conservative and cautious.  The educational preparation covers just about any possibility that a patient could encounter.  So far, I have felt informed every step of the way and am assured that any questions I may have are welcomed.
I chose to look at this program due to multiple people I knew that had successful outcomes at St. V's.   I am hoping to be another success story  as well.
William D.
on 4/25/12 1:01 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
Had an excellent experience at St. V's - a really caring hospital and a great program.  All their numbers for complications are below the national averages.   Hospital was well-staffed, clean, modern - my room was huge.  No interns, students, trainees means Dr Ben-Meir is doing every aspect of your surgery from the first cut to the last stitch.  Just had my 6 week appointment today with Brooke the PA and the dietician.  Advanced to the next to last stage of the diet so I can start having chicken and turkey products.  Down 41 pounds - today is post-op day 37.  Couldn't be happier!
Highest wt 444, surgery wt 351, surgery 3/19/12 St Vincent Charity, Cleveland  

IamSkinnyLynny
on 6/3/13 7:02 pm

I just heard tonight the eve of my second appt with Dr Ben Meir he is leaving.  Brook & Solomon leaving too!  A Dr Hassam will be taking his place. If this is true I may not be going there.  I cannot sleep now  Please someone say it is not true!

William D.
on 6/3/13 9:05 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
Yes I received a letter last week that Dr Ben-Meir was leaving effective May 31st. It did not state where he would be practicing next.
Highest wt 444, surgery wt 351, surgery 3/19/12 St Vincent Charity, Cleveland  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views