X-Post: 2 Year Surgiversary - better late than never

VeraG
on 5/1/12 1:21 am, edited 5/1/12 1:21 am - Bonner Springs, KS

Last week was my 2 year surgiversary, but I didn't want to post until I had my appt. with the surgeon.  All my blood work is perfect and he told me to keep doing what I'm doing because it's working.  He also said that I had lost 18 lbs in this 2nd year.  So when you hear about the honeymoon stage, take it with a grain of salt because it's all up to you.  He asked what I though made the difference.  I think it's the fact that I did ALL Cardio when I was actively losing then when I got close to goal I incorporated weights to tone my muscles.  I believe the extra muscles are what helped to lose those last pounds.  I started this journey at 245 lbs and have stabilized at 130 lbs. (within 5 lbs)  Whenever I creep up, I just make sure I'm getting enough protein and fluids and it goes back down.  I still can only eat 4 oz of dense protein and I still follow all the rules i.e. protein first, not drinking and eating at the same time, etc.
For all of you on the fence, I would do this again in a second and I'm self pay.  The quality of life is so much better.  For example:  in the first pictures below, I'm goofing around on Spring Break with my beautiful daughter.  We played dress up at a children's museum (costumes would never have fit before), crawled through caves, (I would have never fit before), and walked everywhere (which would have been too painful for my back before).  I was so happy not to be one of those parents sitting on the side watching their kids have fun and not participating in the fun.  I would be happy to answer any questions from newbies!!!!  Knowledge is power and I believe in paying it forward!  I STILL LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!!!!   

OK, I've been messing with these damn pictures for an hour.  If you want to see more, feel free to look on my profile.

My Ughh Moment

Living until I die!

JenSchroed
on 5/1/12 2:22 am
Congrats to you!  We share the same surgeon!  I started my journey this past December and what a journey it has been  . . I LOVE MY SLEEVE . . I am now within 6 lbs of my goal in just over 4 months . . .I go back to see him on June 4 . . . I have not seen him since a few weeks after surgery!!
On the journey to something new . . .     

lizardcc
on 5/1/12 2:46 am - CA
YOU look wonderful!   congrats
debk21
on 5/1/12 11:00 pm - Mansfield, TX
Vera!!!!  I'm so glad you posted this!  It's wonderful to see you and you look AWESOME!  I listened to you a lot along my journey and have been wondering about you...CONGRATS on your success!!!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 74 views