Puree Food !!! Please Help!!!!

girlie155
on 5/2/12 3:02 pm, edited 5/2/12 3:04 pm - MO
Im 1 week 2 days out from surgery.  How much protein did you get in on the Puree stage? How water did you drink? And how much food did you eat? I know im not getting enough protein and it so hard. I don't want my hair to fall out. Please Help.
larysa929
on 5/2/12 3:32 pm
i havent had my surgery yet, but as far as protein goes. my bf and i eat alot of chicken which totally can be pureed with some broth. its what i plan to use to keep my diet with some decent flavour. other than shakes and powder of course, and i totally feel you on the hair thing, i'm trying to grow my out for a wedding!
doggz109
on 5/2/12 6:58 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
9 days out from surgery I was still drinking protein shakes.....no food, no puree.

I think it was about that time I was able to fully get in my 64+ oz of liquid each day.  I had a protein shake daily (30g protein) and then drank chicken broth, warm tea, and crystal light.

Just FYI....your hair will still fall out even if you are eating protein.  It really has nothing to do with that.  It is the result of the sudden shock to your body....it takes about 2-3 months for it finally hit.  Protein and biotin do HELP....but I have yet to hear about many people who avoid that problem all together no matter how much protein they get in.
Ms. Poker Face
on 5/2/12 8:55 pm
I still had to do two protein shakes per day when I was in the puree stage because there was NO WAY I could eat enough food to get the protein in.  I was only able to each 2-3 teaspoons at a time.  And drinking was still not particularly easy for me either, so I knew i couldn't slack on fluids at the expense of food.  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

C. Harvey
on 5/2/12 11:55 pm
VSG on 01/11/12
PROTEIN AND WATER ALWAYS COME FIRST REMEMEBER THAT...EVEWN WHEN EATING PROTEIN COMES FIRST! GET YOUR PROTEIN AND WATER IN AND THEN CONCETRATE ON THE FOOD...PROTEIN ALWAYS MADE ME FEEL SO FULL SO FAST.

Fat2Flaca R.
on 5/3/12 9:26 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 04/25/12
 Do you have a nutritionist you're working with? Mineis saving my life! Your gonna need to read labels and calculate proteins before you pure. I'm planning on scanning all other paper work my nutritionist gave me to help new sleeves like me figure this exact thing out. Check in with my blog on my profile this weekend ! I also googled my but of and got familiar with a few popular vsg blogs so I'll post those links to since I started purses today. We got this!

VSG on 4/25/12  SW400   Before Liquid Diet 377  After Liquid Diet 366  CW 234  GW 180 

Fat2Flaca.com Fat2Flaca.Tumblr.com Facebook.com/Fat2Flaca   Twitter.com/Fat2Flaca ThickThrift.bigcartel.com  

Fat2Flaca R.
on 5/3/12 9:30 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 04/25/12
 Also, they asked me to now take in 60 on puréed foods.

VSG on 4/25/12  SW400   Before Liquid Diet 377  After Liquid Diet 366  CW 234  GW 180 

Fat2Flaca.com Fat2Flaca.Tumblr.com Facebook.com/Fat2Flaca   Twitter.com/Fat2Flaca ThickThrift.bigcartel.com  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 89 views