Feel like crying

longhornrose
on 5/3/12 7:36 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
This is just venting, not really looking for advice or sympathy. 

Had my consult on 2/28.  All my surgeon's (and insurance's) requirements were completed by 4/6.  Took awhile for doctor's office to get psych eval, but they finally received it on 4/24.  If I hadn't stayed on top of it, I guess I'd still be waiting.

Anyway, that was a week ago Tuesday; I was told my paperwork would be on it's way to Humana.  In this day and age, I'm guessing it all goes by fax.  At least, that's what Humana told me today, when I called to see if they'd received it.  Nope.  They don't have it yet. 

Called doctor's bariatric coordinator.  Out of town until tomorrow.  Called doctor's office.  No answer, so left voice mail.  (Was told last week that phone was answered 24/7). 

Met someone here on OH who had her consult same day I did, and her surgery is in two weeks.  If she is covered by insurance, that must mean they received all her testing, and sent paperweek to insurance and got approval, while my paperwork is still sitting.

I just want to cry.  I want to know if I'm going to be able to have this surgery, or not.  I want to know if there is some other hoop I need to jump through to get approval.  I want to know how to plan my life for the near future, so I'll have things in place ahead of time.

It's childish and petty and silly and irrational, but I feel like I've fallen through the cracks, and no one cares (meaning doctor and his staff) whether or not I have my surgery.    

Okay, I'm done now.  I'm going to cool my jets until tomorrow when bariatric coordinator is back in the office (hopefully), and try one more time.  And if I'm unsuccessful at finding out what's going on, you'll probably hear me losing it! 

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Lorelei52462
on 5/3/12 7:40 am - Port Arthur, TX
VSG on 04/24/12
That is why I saved and went self pay in Mexico... heard too many horror stories like yours.  I hope you are scheduled soon.
emdesq
on 5/3/12 7:54 am
Hang in there!! I think almost everyone feels like the approval process takes WAY longer than it should, whether it took days or months.  I, too, am a huge planner and waiting for even a couple extra days (which I had to do because my psyche evaluation was delayed and delayed and delayed...) made me CRAZY! Soon, when you are post-op and on the losers' bench, this will all be a distant memory!!

Good luck!!

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
anewbeginning2012
on 5/3/12 8:49 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 Try to relax tonight...there is nothing you can do anymore today. I would definately call first thing in the morning and bug the crap out of them until you get your answers. If needed, go to the doc office and watch them fax the paper  Good luck and hopefully all will be better tomorrow.
Most Active