Help? /Advice??

nursemichele613
on 5/7/12 10:46 pm - MI
VSG on 04/22/12
I have an issue that I haven't seen discussed and I am desperate for help.
I was sleeved on 4/ 22. Post op has been fine, no pain, incisions are almost all healed. The issue I am having, and have been having over the last 4-5 days is this. I am taking small sips of liquid.... water, rtd protein shakes, crystal light, and zero vitamin water. I take a small SIP, I burp, and then reguritate it back up. I am feling constantly FULL. Its like nothing is leaving my sleeve. I have to have a cup with me constantly to spit this stuff into ( I am sorry about the picture I'm describing...but its the truth!) I am terrified I am going to become dehydrated. It is not vomiting...its the burping and regurgitating. I am not keeping anything in. This cannot possibly be normal. I have emailed my surgeon ( I was sleeved in Mexico). I also have an appointment with my PCP on Friday am. Can anyone give me any insight? I am over this!
Thanks for any input you can give me!
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/12 11:08 pm - dubai, United Arab Emirates
im sorry your having trouble keeping liquids down, im 2 weeks post op and i dont have any problems since day 7.
before that i used get up and walk while im drinking , i felt it helped the liquids go down easier.
Carmelita
on 5/7/12 11:22 pm - Four Corners, NM
nursemichele613
on 5/8/12 12:24 am - MI
VSG on 04/22/12
Thanks so much Carmelita! I have been doing ice chips and they seem to stay down. I seem to be doing a bit better today, but I am going to keep a close eye on this. 
  I am going to go and get some gatorade to freeze in ice cube trays now. I'll keep you posted! Thanks again!

jennygalthin n
on 5/8/12 1:26 am
Are you taking anything for reflux? Any PPI ? What about reglan or pheregen ?
Any temp ?

nursemichele613
on 5/8/12 7:40 am - MI
VSG on 04/22/12
 Yes I am on a PPI twice a day. No temperature. I am doing much better today ( Thank God). Fluid is staying down. I hope it was just a bump in the road. Thanks for your suggestions and questions. This site and it's members are so helpful.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views