Coming out of hiding ...

nanarama
on 5/11/12 12:20 am - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
So I've been a lurker for a while and then finally joined a couple of weeks ago.  Wanted to just say HI to everybody.  I have loved all the information I have been able to glean from this board and all the posts. 

I am currently pre-op -- no date yet.  Probably sometime in June/July.  I'm in the middle of the 3 month medically supervised weight management, etc.  And, boy oh boy, talk about jumping through hoops!  Tests, test, and more tests!  As I type this, I'm anxiously awaiting getting in the shower since I just came home from Sleep Study Part 2.  Icky stuff all in my hair.  And sleep?  What sleep???  What a very unpleasant experience.  Oh well .... it's all part of the process.

I swear I think they make you go through all these tests just to see if you will stick it out!  haha

So hi everybody!  Have a great Friday!!  I'm gonna go take a nap. 

bunnymom
on 5/11/12 12:31 am
Much welcome and good Luck!
Bunnymom            
Snowberry
on 5/11/12 12:33 am
VSG on 04/10/12
 Just stick with it...you will find the results worth all the aggravation.   For the record, I found the sleep study the worst part, so at least that's over.

Jenfur
on 5/11/12 1:24 am
VSG on 06/25/12

LOL, I had my "sleep" study wednesday night and I hear ya.  It sucked, I didn't sleep and it was one of the rare times i apparantly didn't snore like  lumberjack.  Even after showering, I still found that gunk attached to a spot on my head last night.  I think I got more sleep during my endoscopy then I did that.

ktown7172
on 5/11/12 1:30 am - CA
VSG on 05/14/12
Yes, I agree - this site has been very useful and I thank all the contributors.  I didn't have
to do a sleep study, so the worst test for me was the stress echo where they have
you dying on the treadmill and then have to jump off to the table quickly and they push
that ultrasound want SO hard.

nanarama
on 5/11/12 2:57 am - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
Oh great!  I still have the stress echo to look forward to.  But because of very bad knees (my only real health problem thankfully!), they are going to do it "chemically."  So I'll get to lie on the stretcher and feel like I've run a marathon.  Sounds even funner, don't you think??  haha
KSqtpie
on 5/11/12 1:43 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Welcome!!! I had to go through a 6 month supervised diet...and yes, they just want to see if you'll stick it out and comply with doctors orders. I actually appreciated the time before jumping into surgery because I've learned so much and gained insight I never would have known beforehand. Anyways, I'm going to be sleeved on July 9th, so stay in touch and we can keep each other motivated Good luck!!!!!!
Pobearsam7
on 5/11/12 1:54 am
The sleep study was the worst part. I'm also pre-op but my surgery date is 6/27... I was told I need to see a hematologist because my iron is still low... So hopefully I can be finally clear in the next couple of wks so I can have the surgery.... btw I was diagnosis w/ sleep apnea after I did the test
nanarama
on 5/11/12 2:58 am - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
Thanks for the responses, everybody.  I'll be looking forward to keeping up with you all. 
SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 5/11/12 2:52 pm - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
Hi there!! I kinda laugh at your lurking statement because I have been doing that also... LOL I am pre op also and just had my last psych appt today and passed. So now I should be getting a call in the next 3 weeks to schedule my surgery!!! I was excited and scared at the same time! It almost here! I have been doing this since December. This class that class, this test that test... FINALLY I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel... Well thanks for posting and bringing me out of hiding too...LOL We can go through this together! This website is amazing with support and info! Good luck to you on your journey!
Most Active