Changed my goal weight to just in the normal category

Blind_Justice1
on 5/11/12 9:08 pm - KY
Gosh, I checked my BMI calculator today and to reach 25.9 BMI (normal) I should weigh 164lbs instead of my original 170lbs goal.  I guess I should really be trying to reach that instead.  Darn!  Makes my journey seem longer, but I CAN do it.  I still can't believe how much I've lost.  I figured up that I have lost 71.6 lbs since my surgery date.  I am doing backflips over that.  I feel SO much better.  I actually did a slow jog at the gym yesterday without feeling winded.  My next goal is onderland.  I have 46.6lbs to go til then.  At least the airplane goal was reached.  I fit great.  Now I am in size 18 comfortably and in 14/16 at Lane Bryant/Catherine's.  I'm soon to be outta those stores.  YEAH!!!

My date to reach goal I think could be Dec 1 instead of early Nov as I had planned, but I KNOW it's going to happen.  I keep losing steadily.  I gotta get to the gym more to tone up, but I don't think I need to go cause I've been losing so well.  I gotta get that concept outta my head.  Other than that, I just follow the plan and I see great success.

Thanks everyone for their support!!

katier825
on 5/11/12 10:18 pm
Congrats on your weight loss! I did the same thing once I got to my goal of 140. I wanted to be in the "normal" range. My doctor says the BMI charts really need to be redone. Try not to get hung up on a particular number though - it's better to pick a range. That way, you won't freak out at the daily fluctuations. As long as I stay around 133-138 I am happy.

It's very exciting to get out of the plus sizes. I must admit, I have a new addiction now - clothes shopping! Not only is it great to get smaller sizes, your taste may change completely! I used to wear only dark and solids, rarely a print, never a dress because it felt like a tent. Now I love bright colors and no longer feel like a snowman in white!
justeric78
on 5/12/12 9:42 am - Houston, TX
 Just keep in mind depending on your original size that you will have extra skin that will weigh anywhere between 5-15 extra lbs. If you have this extra skin and go to what is considered a normal BMI you could put yourself underweight. I was thinking the same as you and almost adjusted my goal weight but had this conversation with my Dr. and he told me to stay at 195 despite the highest "normal" bmi being 180-185 for me. He said that I have about 20 lbs of skin due to the size that I started at and he said that if I were to go down to 185 I would be hurting myself. I still fluctuate between 190-195 and plan to stay there until I get cosmetic surgery in the future. Grats to you on your loss though doing a wonderful job girl!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views