EXHAUSTED!

June W.
on 5/13/12 10:39 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
I'm going on five weeks out from surgery and I am tired ALL OF THE TIME. I'm eating about 700 calories a day and meeting my protein and water intake. I'm taking my multivitamin that includes B12. Will I ever feel awake again?

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/12 11:55 pm - Landing, NJ
VSG on 02/27/12
 Are you exercising at all? I was tired until I got the ok from my Doc to start working out. The difference in energy that I have is amazing.
June W.
on 5/14/12 12:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
That is my next step. I'm going to start walking today! It's weird that exercising when you're so tired will make me not tired, but plenty of people have said that it is true. I'll be happy to test it out! Thanks! 

Sugan Spice
on 5/14/12 1:48 am - Gatineau, Canada
Revision on 02/21/12
Hi June!

Yes it is completely normal and it will get back to normal. I was exhausted up until week 8 then poof, I seemed to perk right back up again. Every day it got a bit better. Now I am at week 13 and I feel 100%.

We forget what a massive surgery it is and that we need to allow our bodies time to heal...on the outside AND the inside. Your guts were moved all around as the surgeons went in to complete the sleeve so everything needs time to settle back in.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views