Surgery is Wednesday & no hunger

Caroline K.
on 5/18/12 11:05 am - MS
My surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday and I have been following a sugar free clear liquid diet for 10 days and I have had absolutely not the first bit of hunger. I even have to remind myself to get my protein in. I was so worried about this diet before i started it. Just the thought of trying not to eat food for days on end scared me to death. I think I have finally gotten myself into the mindset I have needed to be in for a very long time. I am just very, very excited and can't wait until the 23rd to start my new and improved life.
bluemems
on 5/18/12 11:09 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
When I was preparing for surgery, I told my mother that I was not worried at all - oddly calm.  She told me that it was because I was ready and this is what I really wanted.  I think she was right and it sounds like you are really ready for it too.  Speedy recovery - it is a very exciting step to be taking - let us know how you are doing after.

Marabell
on 5/18/12 11:11 am
VSG on 06/07/12
nice....I start my pre-op on Thursday....I sure hope to feel the same

I wish you the best of health and a beautiful journey!

see you on the losers bench......

cincin_57
on 5/18/12 12:33 pm
VSG on 05/22/12
My surgery is Tuesday. I'm afraid that if I'm tempted to cheat now, I'll be tempted to cheat after surgery. Last night I dreamt about food! I'm sure it's just stress about the surgery. Let me know how you do.                                                           

Bravendalizabeth
on 5/18/12 2:32 pm
VSG on 05/22/12
My surgery is Tuesday also and I think we have the same doc at Miami Valley Hospital!  I am scheduled for 9:15 and I am driving from north of Columbus that morning. I have been keeping myself so busy and trying not to think about food!  I am working doing yard work and opened up our pool tody...even got in it.  I am doing the things I will not be able to do right after surgery!  Good Luck!
cincin_57
on 5/19/12 9:47 am
VSG on 05/22/12
Hi, My surgery is at 7:15 in the morning. I've been trying to get my cleaning and gardening done this weekend. Thank goodness the weather has been co-operating. Being in a pool sounds wonderful. My goal is to get thin enough to feel comfortable in a swimsuit again.
Have a safe trip from Columbus. Coming from that far, you'll be on the road early. I only have a 30 minute drive from my home (New Carlisle).
Hopefully all will go well and we'll meet each other while we're walking the hallways. Let me know how you do.

Cynthia

Bravendalizabeth
on 5/19/12 11:27 am
VSG on 05/22/12
I hope we get to meet also.  I will be arriving as you go into surgery.  Good Luck!  I love having a pool in our yard...not so embarassing in a swimsuit but I am looking forward to shedding the pounds so I do not look like a beached whale anymore.  My sister in law is bringing me because my husband is a Lieutenant for Columbus Fire and is just getting off duty.....he is not happy but I just want to get this done and my new life started....and this is how it is shaking out.....so over this 100 pounds!    Take Care.  Carol (Bravendalizabeth is a take off of my BFF name who died almost 5 years ago...May 28th...her name was Brenda Elizabeth and she was very brave in her short life...)  Again, I hope to meet you and good luck to you on your journey to a better life!  :) 
doggz109
on 5/18/12 2:34 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
It's amazing what happens when you don't have sugar and insulin playing ping pong with your body!!! 

Good luck with your surgery.
Champadoozle
on 5/18/12 9:12 pm - Corpus Christi, TX
 That is so encouraging. I seem to be always hungry, so it is hard to imagine me forgetting to eat- hope I am like you with that.  I start my pre-op liquid diet next Friday and have been stressing about it.  I stocked up on protein shakes, but keeping worrying that I will pick up some bit of food and just eat it without thinking.... as usual.
 Best of luck with your surgery and to those who have posted with upcoming dates.  Look forward to hearing more about your experience. 
jessipea
on 5/18/12 11:41 pm
 I am so glad that you posted this because I start the liquid diet on Friday...I am hoping it goes ok for me.  I am a teacher so it is the last week of school during the liquid diet and I am nervous!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views