(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 9:31 am
It freezes beautifully.
pinkjellybean
on 5/20/12 10:07 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
On May 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM Pacific Time, Elina_7 wrote:
It freezes beautifully.
Elina where can I find this recipe please?

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 12:01 pm
Just go to my profile.  All the recipe's are there.  Enjoy.
judyk62
on 5/20/12 10:08 am - Santa Rosa, CA
Hi Elina,

I made your soup for the first time this morning and froze half - the rest will be for lunches throughout the workweek unless my husband eats it all first. I changed it up a bit just because of ingredients on hand (or not). I used chicken thighs instead of breasts, I used spinach instead of parsley, but otherwise the same. I did run my version through Myfitnesspal. 

1 cup = 96 calories, 4.4 carbs, and 13.3 protein. 

So with the breasts, fewer calories because of the fat content, but the other numbers should be pretty much the same. 

I too thank you. It is delicious, very filling, and still low calorie and a great way to get some veggiess in. 

Judy

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

pinkjellybean
on 5/20/12 10:11 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
On May 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM Pacific Time, judyk62 wrote:
Hi Elina,

I made your soup for the first time this morning and froze half - the rest will be for lunches throughout the workweek unless my husband eats it all first. I changed it up a bit just because of ingredients on hand (or not). I used chicken thighs instead of breasts, I used spinach instead of parsley, but otherwise the same. I did run my version through Myfitnesspal. 

1 cup = 96 calories, 4.4 carbs, and 13.3 protein. 

So with the breasts, fewer calories because of the fat content, but the other numbers should be pretty much the same. 

I too thank you. It is delicious, very filling, and still low calorie and a great way to get some veggiess in. 

Judy

I've been trying to get my hands on this recipe for weeks now!  Can you share please?

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

pinkpeonies
on 5/20/12 10:30 am
VSG on 04/23/12
It's in Elina_7's profile. Just find one of her posts in this thread, click on her profile, and look in the blog. There are several yummy sounding recipes in there...I can't wait to try them all! :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

judyk62
on 5/20/12 10:31 am - Santa Rosa, CA
 I think if you just click on Elina's link under the avatar, it will take you right there. Otherwise do a search on this site. It's all over the place.

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 12:05 pm
That sounds about right, although my version, as you mentioned, has fewer calories because it is chicken breast and has less fat.  On the the other hand, it also has less protein.  My version has about 8 grams of protein.  I also used the veggies with very little carbs, so my version has 2-3 carbs.  Still all in all, it's pretty close.  I used to eat this soup all day when I was losing weight.  It sits great in a new stomach and I really wanted to get the veggies in.  I am glad you like it.
Krissy_67
on 5/20/12 1:57 pm
VSG on 04/17/12

Green Chicken Soup

3          Large chicken boneless/skinless breasts with fat trimmed (31oz)

2          Large cans of fat free chicken broth, low sodium (49.5 oz per can)

1          Bunch of Broccolini chopped (8oz)

3          Baby Bok Choys chopped (9oz total)

4          Small zucchini chopped (10oz total)

4          Large celery stalks chopped (9oz total)

5          Medium garlic cloves chopped

½         Bunch green onions chopped (1oz)

3          Large Carrots chopped (11oz total)

1          TBSP Dill Weed chopped

½         Bunch fresh parsley chopped

6oz      Frozen green peas

6oz      Fresh green beans chopped

In a large pot, combine all ingredients, except the peas and green beans. Keep the chicken breasts whole (you’ll shred them later). Boil for about 30 minutes. Once the chicken breasts are completely cooked , remove them to cool (pull them apart a little bit . . they’ll cool faster).

Meanwhile, put the vegetables and broth through a blender. (When doing this, it is a good idea to carefully pulse them in a blender with a towel around the blender lid and hold the lid firmly, as sometimes pressure can build with hot liquids in the blender. ) Then transfer the blended soup back into the large pot.

When the whole chicken breasts have cooled a bit, pull them apart by hand and shred them . They should be a little stringy when in shredded form, with no large chunks. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot.  Chop-up the green beans fairly small, and add into the pot along with the frozen peas.  Cook for about 10 more minutes, add salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views