Elina's Green chicken soup!!!!

Cusscusscutie
on 5/20/12 8:29 am - MA
OMG I just made this soup and it is sooo yummy! My hubby likes it too (boo for me ) I added hot sauce and cumin and it tasted like a chicken tortilla soup without the tortilla's of course! Thanks Elina keep the recipes coming! BTW it is 86 degrees today and here I am makiing soup! I has been on my mind for a week!

JV_ladybug
on 5/20/12 8:32 am - San Antonio, TX
VSG on 04/10/12
 Haha soup is great any time! I used to go to my favorite Mexican joint across the street from where I work on Thursdays -- they had chicken tortilla soup as their special. I'd go there in the middle of July (which would be in the 100's sometimes!). I wasn't the only one...they would run out quite a bit! 

I need to try this green chicken soup!

Starting: 284. Op Day: 264. Current: 185.80. Goal: 180.
Main goal: To be able to take the "morbidly" out.
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 8:44 am
I am so glad you liked it.  I had a cup just a few minutes ego.  It is still my go to food.  Just between you and me, stay tuned for a new recipe from my husband.  He was deeply inspired today by a Cajun soup we had at a fair this afternoon.  He is researching ways to reduce the carbs and maximize the protein as we speak.  I can't wait to be his guinea pig.  I will report back when I have something.  :) 
Marabell
on 5/20/12 8:51 am
VSG on 06/07/12
look out Soup Natzi.....Soup Sleever Sista is rockin the house!!!
I am sooo looking forward to trying those recipes....mmmmmmm

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 8:55 am
It is funny how this soup thing has spread around the world.  I get emails from the oddest places all raving about the soup.  It really makes my husband's day when I read some of the comments to him.  I think it keeps him inspired to come up with new ideas.
novascotiadawn
on 5/20/12 9:05 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Elina, do you know if anyone has entered the green chicken soup in My Fitness Pal??

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 9:12 am
I am not sure, but recently someone did do a nutrition calculation on it.  It was something like 56 calories, 8 grams of protein and 2 or 3 carbs per cup.
pinkpeonies
on 5/20/12 10:28 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 Yes, it's there. Look up Elina_7 and you'll find it. :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

Marabell
on 5/20/12 9:24 am
VSG on 06/07/12
Im sure it does inspire him...did you ever think of packaging it and selling it?..... there needs to be a good frozen soup option out there....which leads me to ask...does it freeze well? I would like to make a large batch.

novascotiadawn
on 5/20/12 9:30 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

It freezes well...Tastes even better thawed and re-heated in MHO!!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Most Active