getting the runs after protein shakes

ERnurseMN
on 5/23/12 12:51 am - MN

I make my shakes with milk.  I had one last night and one this am.  I just started full liquids and am I week out.  Both times within 30 minutes I was running to the bathroom.  It this just because my stomach is adjusting or does it mean I am now lactose intolerant?

CW 232 SW 219    m1-17 m2-14 m3-13 m4-6 m5-9  
ohtobesmallagain
on 5/23/12 1:35 am
Some of the protein shakes did that to me too.  I had to be very choosy and even then, didn't have much success with it.

I am not lactose intolerant but I am allergic to the proteins in milk.  I also cannot handle articifical sweetners so I really was limited.

I started eating purred foods about the second week because I couldn't handle the protein shakes and had to get something in me that would stay longer than it took me to run to the bathroom.

Sorry I don't have better information for you but I think some peoples systems could handle it and some cannot.  It is way too easy to get deydrarated and not get enough protein when this happens so I made my own protein shakes with veggies etc.
Maryatt50
on 5/23/12 2:12 am
I bet you are now lactose intolerant.  I did the same thing.  Months later I was able to drink some diary products.  Good Luck! 
blueeyedgal
on 5/23/12 2:20 am - AL
VSG on 02/03/12

My doctor also warned us liquids in liquids out for for the first couple of weeks.  Hope you feel much better soon!

blueeyedgal    
amyl0528
on 5/23/12 3:59 am
I WISH I had that problem.  I'm still on liquids and I'm constipated so bad that I've taken miralax, philips AND ducolax.  I don't care if I have to wear depends, totally serious.  being constipated is no joke.

Hope your runs get better. 

VSG Surgery May 1, 2012
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 71 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views