Dressing room realization!

goingforit1
on 5/27/12 7:47 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
I had a couple of coupons for a clothing store that expired yesterday and so I went to find a pair of summer capris or jeans because all my pants are looking too baggy and have that "diaper butt" (loose seat) look to them.  I'm 5'6 and the scale now reads 175 (I was 234 lbs when I started the six months of pre op stuff)  It feels pretty good, though I see I still need to drop a good 20 lbs to get to a normal BMI.  I'm not quite 4 months out so I still have plenty of time and am doing well, in my opinion.

I have a hard time carrying smaller sizes into the dressing room.  For some reason even after losing all this weight I feel like the dressing room attendant is going to smirk at me for carrying a size medium into the room.  I guess that's the fat girl in me that can't believe i could POSSIBLY fit into a medium. And size 12 pants. I'm self-conscious about it....

But they fit.  All of them. And looked Dang good on me too!  I didn't cry in the dressing room but I couldn't wipe the smile off my face! I came home and told the hubby he needed to take me out because I was looking and feeling sexy... that hasn't happened in a long time!  And the sexy feeling isn't going away.  I wonder if all thin people have that feeling all the time?! lol Maybe it's a phase because I'm not used to feeling that way but I don't want that feeling to ever go away! haha

So as I admired myself in the mirror from all angles I realized that the day might actually come that I fit into a size small.  ME, a small!  It could really happen! I would definitely be sobbing with joy if that happens! I have never worn a small ANYTHING so it's hard to imagine but I can finally see it's possible. Amazing.

p.s.  When I came home and put on my new pair of jeans with jewel studded blingy back pockets (NEVER would I call attention to my behind like that PRE -sleeve!) my teenage son came in and said, "dang mom..you actually have a nice butt!"

MORAL OF THE STORY:  I recommend the sleeve to anyone that has tried to lose weight and just couldn't keep it off.  If you are sick to death of being fat, you have the power to change it.  The positive feelings that come with dropping the pounds are countless. The self-esteem rising as the scale numbers drop is a beautiful thing.  Feeling good in my skin, wearing jewelry because I have every right to look tailored and "done up", Walking tall instead of shrinking and trying to blend in....all fantastic benefits!!!!  Thanks you to all of you here who have offered up support, ideas, and help, what a blessing it's been!
kaniac
on 5/27/12 8:21 am - TX
VSG on 06/12/12

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

megs617
on 5/27/12 9:45 am
That is so wonderful!  Congratulations!  I can't wait to have "diaper butt" lol. 

I'm currently in the process of getting sleeved, and cannot wait to start my journey!  When I read stories like this, I let go of any doubt about going through with surgery.

Thank you for posting this!  It's so inspirational!!!!! 
happiegirl
on 5/27/12 10:09 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
Great story!  Thanks for sharing.  I feel the same way with the sizes I take in to the dressing room too.  I'm thinking no way are these going to fit...they are still far from medium lol but still small from where I was. Congrats!

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views