Trouble Breathing UPDATE

Ashley G.
on 6/8/12 11:07 am - SC
I finally went to my PCP this morning to find out why I was having shortness of breath and why it hurt when I breathed in to deep.  She sent me for a CT scan, and called me two hours later with the results.  I have pneumonia and a pleural effusion.  For those of you who don't know, a pleural effusion is when the lining of the lungs gets infected, which this was caused by the pneumonia.  She told me I needed to go the ER and get treated.

Needless to say, I was freaked out.

So off to the ER I went.  Long story short, they did more x-rays on me and found out the pneumonia was not that bad.  They sent me home with some high powered antibiotics and told me to get some rest.  So that is what I am doing.

Moral of the story:  when it comes down to it, listen to your body people!  You know you best and if something doesn't seem right, then get it checked out.  Better safe than sorry!!

jessicae
on 6/8/12 11:13 am
 glad you're feeling better! 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Shagdoll
on 6/8/12 12:33 pm, edited 6/8/12 12:33 pm
Glad to hear you took the initiative to get yourself checked out about this. Things could have been more serious.
Nice to hear you are feeling better.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

novascotiadawn
on 6/8/12 1:10 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear!!! Thanks for the update!!!!! You will be on the mend now!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Prple
on 6/8/12 1:17 pm - VA
VSG on 07/17/12 with
 Hope you Are breathing easier....  Glad you got things checked out!  Feel better...
AmberK
on 6/8/12 2:06 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Glad you are ok! That is scary and I am glad you went to the doc. 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Starfish40
on 6/8/12 10:52 pm
VSG on 03/06/12 with
Good job doing something about it when things didn't feel right. The day after surgery, when they did the barium swallow on me and did the xray, they found I had a partially collapsed lung from the surgery.  The surgeon said it sometimes happens with the anesthesia.  What was weird is that I didn't feel anything or had any symptoms until about 3 days later I could definitelly feel the soreness on my left side and had shortness of breath when walking.  Thankfully, they gave me great instructions on using the "spirometer" ( I don't know if that is the right term for it) but it's the tubing they have you breath into every couple of hours to help your lungs get back into shape.  Anyway, it all resolved itself, but it did freak me out for a little while because I was worried about having further complications. 

HW: 333, SW : 300 CW: 275. GW; 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views