Have surgery date

pebbles049
on 6/9/12 1:28 pm - PA
Finally a date.  It took almost a year and a half but I'm close.  Now my problem is work.  I dont care to share to much business with them but some I have to.  The scheduling person is real nosey and can downright nasty.  she enjoys gossip.  I need to come up with something to tell my boss if they should ask what kind of surgery.  I am a nurse and work in a nursing home.  They will not be happy with me taking off for surgery because we are down nurses and me having surgery at another time when staff is around is just not gonna happen as I plan on switching my work schedule 2  weeks after suprise..  They tried to tell someone she couldnt have leave for another kind of surgery.  Please help any suggestions.  What has worked for others .  I am so nervous about telling them of this surgery.  thanks

Bf516
on 6/9/12 1:35 pm
 My 1st surgery I used family medical leave 4-6 wks.
All my paper from the doc said was recovery for surgery & the time frame.

Family med leave is used by many in the states.
I know there are many rules that your employer has to follow but unsure if they are able to question you about the type of surgery.
You may want to read into it a lil'.
happiegirl
on 6/9/12 1:40 pm - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
Hi..all you have to do is contact HR. They will tell your boss its FMLA and that's all. If they give out your medical information it would be illegal.

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

amberkokette
on 6/9/12 1:54 pm
VSG on 06/28/12
 I actually work in HR and can tell you that they can't share anything legally. If you want to use short term disability for a short period of time or do the FMLA HR will ask for information usually from your doctor as to why you need to be off but the doctor needs to write the date of surgery and amount of time you will be out. He/she really doesn't need to know what type of surgery or why. Good luck. Oh and who gives a crap what other people think. I used to be in HR at a nursing home and people talk like their mouth is on fire. Don't worry about them. 

Heighest weight: 433.5, Pre surgery weight 383.5 

Maryann20
on 6/9/12 5:04 pm
VSG on 08/07/12
When people I don't really want to tell ask I just say I'm having my gallbladder removed
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views