waiting

ladylissa
on 6/11/12 11:13 am - MS
VSG on 08/03/12
 So how long did it tke from the time your paperwok was submitted to insurance until u can call to see if they actually received it. Mine was sent June 5 and Cigna says they cant find it in the system, do i need to ask my advocate to resend it or should i give it a couple more days.
kam0520
on 6/11/12 12:04 pm - AL
My husband's was showing after 4 days, his approval letter was here after 9 days.  Mine got held up, and due to the Christmas holiday, it took 3 days for it to be in the system, but almost 3 weeks for the approval letter to get to my doctor's office and myself.  We have Aetna.  On the plus side, the day the coordinator got the approval letter we were able to schedule our surgery and could have had it within a week, but I needed more time to get all our deductable $$ together!

Be patient, I know it's exciting, but I promise you it will fly by and you wont even remember that it took so long :)
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Cindstroy
on 6/11/12 12:43 pm
I called today to see if my insurance had received my info.  They said there was nothing there.  An hour or so later, my dr. office called telling me I was approved and giving me a surgery date of July 2nd!  Talk about an emotional rollercoaster!  Hang in there.  It will happen!
ladylissa
on 6/11/12 12:57 pm - MS
VSG on 08/03/12
 thx guess have to be patient.
chiefsgirl3
on 6/11/12 1:35 pm - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 Did they mail it or fax it?  If fax then I would definitely have it resent. 

Nadurra Deb
on 6/11/12 1:50 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I'd like to hear how this works out for you. I have CIGNA also. I won't be done with my 6 month WL class until Oct 11. I hope to have my surgery in Oct so I'm very curious how quickly CIGNA moves through the process.

I'm a big fan of staying on top of it all. I would keep checking with them...CIGNA and advocate.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

ladylissa
on 6/12/12 10:28 am - MS
VSG on 08/03/12
 Called Cigna today and found out im approved It only took 5 working days omg i cant believe it, Cigna wasnt as hard as i thought they would be, they only required the 6 month weigh in and a mental eval, i didnt have to loose weight just prove i could stick to it dont skip a month or you will have to start over try to make your appts on the same day every month. Oh ive heard that Cigna has changed form 6 months to 3 months call to find out i was to far out to find out for sure. I think I found out about the approval before my advocate so ill call her tomorrow. Feel free to ask anything you need to know.
Bufflehead
on 6/12/12 10:40 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13
Cigna changing to 3 months is correct, at least for their Open Access Plan. I have Cigna and they sent me a copy of the policy that applies and it says 3 months. I called to confirm because I know their old materials said 6 months and the benefits counselor said yes, they changed their policy on May 15. Also, they used to require that you did your supervised weight loss plan with a doctor other than your bariatric surgeon, and they no longer require that. You can do it with any RD or MD. Of course call them and read your documents for yourself, but this is what my Cigna documents say and what they confirmed to me on the phone. :)

Nadurra Deb
on 6/12/12 2:57 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Oh excellent! That is great news! I will have to call CIGNA tomorrow and see if that applies to my plan. I have Open Access as well. That would be awesome if it is only 3 months. Then I have more options! Thanks so much for the update!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

ladylissa
on 6/13/12 11:41 am - MS
VSG on 08/03/12
 Update pleease did u call?
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views