ObesityHelp/Gastric Newbie in MN

Faith2012
on 6/11/12 1:04 pm - MN
Hey Everyone!

I'm a Obesity Help newbie. I live in Minnesota. My name is Karrie. I'm 29. I have 200+ pounds covering up my sexilicious body that I just know is inside there somewhere! haha I'm determined to find it and have made the decision to move forward with Gastric surgery. I'm in the beginning stages. Just had my first appointment with my dietician and am actively seeking a gastric specialized psychologist that is covered under my insurance plan so I can keep moving forward. My surgery hospital tells me I should be able to schedule my operation this October. Time can't go quick enough!

I have no clue what I'm doing and am still learning the ropes with this site. I'm SUPER pumped and ridiculously inspired by what I've found on here so far! Hoping it will help me find new friends that can give me a few pointers or maybe even a few in my local area that want to get to know others in the area that are in the same boat with this life changing experience.

~Karrie

time4me2now
on 6/11/12 2:16 pm
VSG on 05/24/12
Welcome!  There is so much great information and help here.  You can use the search bar to find information on any subject -- there are years of posts stored here.  And you can post your own questions for members to answer.  Lots of great people here.  Good luck on your journey! 

HW 266  SW 243  CW 161  

Becky T.
on 6/11/12 2:54 pm - MN
VSG on 06/04/12
Hey Karrie! I'm in MN too! I just had my surgery last week on the 4th & am feelin great so far
What bariatric program are you going through?

5'4"  HW: 222   SW: 212   GW: 140   CW range: 118-123    

MonaLyssa33
on 6/11/12 5:06 pm - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 02/20/17
I'm from MN too and hoping to have my surgery in October also!  Welcome to OH!

Highest Weight ~400, Surgery Weight 293, Current Weight 227, Goal Weight 180

Highest BMI: 59.1, Current BMI: 32, Goal BMI: 25

VSG on February 20, 2017

hurleygirlie
on 6/11/12 10:31 pm
VSG on 05/22/12 with

Minnesota roll call - I'm here too!  I was sleeved in TX on May 22nd.  Today was my first day of mushy foods and I'm not sure what to think of my breakfast of 1/4 egg beaters with a little shredded cheese on top.  Guess I'll get used to food again.

Welcome Karrie - this is such a great group of people - keep reading and learning.  October will be here before you know it.

Good Luck,

Jane

Faith2012
on 6/11/12 11:44 pm - MN
WoooHooo to the ladies representing the land of 10,000 lakes!  Where are each of you located? I'm in Cottage Grove. I'm doing my surgery with St.Paul Surgeons next to United Hospital. Where are you/did you having/have your surgery? Are there any local gastric support groups around the cities? I was thinking of going to a few OA meetings but would really like a meet-up type of group with people that have already had or are going through the surgery process.

Most Active