No restriction???

kaniac
on 6/20/12 9:29 am - TX
VSG on 06/12/12
Eating oikos yogurt (my first 'food') and not feeling any restriction after 1 1/2 oz. I know I can eat 3 oz of yogurt but I thought 1/2 way through I'd feel something.  Thoughts??

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

emelar
on 6/20/12 9:31 am - TX
Yogurt is practically a liquid.  I can eat about twice as much yogurt as I can dense protein.  You WILL feel the difference when you transition to dense foods.  Hang in there!
kaniac
on 6/20/12 9:34 am - TX
VSG on 06/12/12
I thought maybe it was cause I was eating it so slooooooowwwwwww but your theory makes much more sense.

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

newme_38
on 6/20/12 11:48 am - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12
I aam not feeling restriction too much either.  And nothing at all is bothering me getting stuck or hurting.  I almost feel as though I did before surgery.  I wonder if the surgeon really took my stomach out???  Ive heard others say they have to remember to eat.  Well that's not hard for me......  when am I going to get to that point?
Evymetalmommy
on 6/20/12 9:33 am - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
I agree with it being similar to a liquid.  I could eat a lot more yogurt than other things.  For me this is why I measured it so I didn't eat more than my intentions.
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

Knit1
on 6/20/12 9:52 am - WA
With yogurt, I don't start to feel full till I get close to that 3 oz, and then I am full! It kind of sneeks up on me. I'm the same way with my protein drink.
In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet. Erma Bombeck  

Surgery Date: 5/10/12       Ht: 5'2"       Age: 55
ND2BTHN
on 6/20/12 10:07 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I can generally have about 3-4oz before I feel it with the greek yogurt. If I go too fast I feel it sooner, but if I go nice and slow, I will be almost finished before I suddenly feel it. Sometimes, one extra mouthful, makes alll the difference.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Pkrplyr777
on 6/20/12 11:08 am - CT
It's def a slider.

Lots of protein but wont stay with you like beef/fish/chicken/pork

You will want to eat again in an hour instead of 3 hours

donn
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/12 11:08 am
2 Things:

First, you've already heard - yogurt is liquid, albeit a thick one. It goes through pretty easily and the pyloric valve stays open. It passes right on through.

Second, you are 8 days out. You have had all the nerves along the greater curvature of your stomach severed. All you've got left is a little sleeve along the lesser curvature of your original stomach.  It is going to take a minimum of 3 months for all the nerve damage to heal. That is why it is so important to measure out your portions and keep the volume of the food you are eating to a minimum. Think 1/4 cup portions for now. Don't rush.

I didn't even sense true "restriction" unti I had my first soft food. I ate half a scrambled egg and knew I could eat no more. Once I went to solids then I "felt" the restriction. It's an icky feeling and taught me the importance of under eating my sleeve.

Take it easy. Don't rush and DON'T PUSH THE LIMITS OF YOUR SLEEVE TO FEEL RESTRICTION.

infodiva808
on 6/20/12 12:14 pm
Most often you won't feel restricition until you get to solid/dense food. I worried too that my sleeve wasn't working but not true. At over 2.5 years out restriction is still there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views