I think I need a kick in the ass

redheadtiff
on 7/3/12 3:39 am - Waxhaw, NC
 Hi all,
It has been a while since I have posted or even visited the site. I'm about a year and 2 months out and have found myself giving in to head hunger and slacking off on my running. I'm up about 8 lbs from my lowest, which is still an acceptable weight for me...but still. I'm stressed about work, money, getting into grad school, whether or not my 4 year old should go to preschool, etc....I do have a hip issue and because of the money issue I have waited to see my chiropractor so running and even walking hurts so I have been strength training . I just can't seem to tell myself to get off the pity pot and get my **** together. I would like to go back to liquids for a week to get the sugar and crap out of my system and kick off the weight loss.....but I've been saying this to myself for a few months now. Has anyone who's at a similar point had this? It seems like I was saying to myself that I couldn't believe I'd had the same weight for so long....I jinxed myself! Someone please give me a swift boot up the backside!
I am a work of art in progress

moonglo82
on 7/3/12 3:45 am
VSG on 03/29/12
No kick in the ass here, just hopes that the stress levels can cut you a break soon.

As far as detoxing the carbs, why not just go back to basics instead of torturing yourself on the liquids? It seems to me that upping the protein and cutting the carbs would be much more manageable than eliminating solids altogether. And, if you're truly carb sensitive, cutting the carbs can cause those 8 pounds to dissolve almost as quickly as the liquids can.

Of course, I'm no expert. Just my thoughts.

Good luck!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Jennchap
on 7/3/12 3:48 am - CA
 I was where u are 3 weeks ago. And knew it for months. I was up 7 from my lowest and kept justifying it. I did a week with a bfast and lunch shake and just gum and water all day and an all meat dinner for one week and then a week of a shake in the morn and one for lunch with a tiny salad and a meat and veggie dinner. I made all food portions tiny.... Then ended week two with strep and no food for  almost 3 days. I was  4 pound down before the strep and the last 3 while being sick ( approx) I'm now back to my lowest weight of 135 and my capacity is much smaller. I'm refocused and have knocked off the junk.... For the most part
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

kaniac
on 7/3/12 4:15 am - TX
VSG on 06/12/12

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op