Something a message just reminded me of...

Erica A.
on 7/10/12 4:11 am - KY
 I recieved a message from another OHer and it asked me if I was ever scared. It made me think back to before my surgery at how I felt pretty ok with my desicion not really having any fears until about 2 weeks from surgery date. For some reason it became so real to me at how my life was going to change and would I be ok. Would I make it through? What about my kids? I knew going in to this that if I didn't do something that I wasn't going to be there for them but at least doing this they will always know that I was at least trying to get healthy. These thoughts just kept going through my mind and then the morning came of going to the hospital. I had already filled out all my stuff and was waiting to be taken down with this lady come over to me. She handed me these scripture cards and told me hon u don't know me but I  had this overwhelming sense to come over to you and tell you that God said it was all going to turn out and that I was going to be fine. All I could do was cry as all of the scaredness and worry I had been feeling just left my body. Sure enough came through surgery pretty good and alls been well since then! 

Just wanted to share with everyone! I still have those little cards and every now and then will think back to that angel who will never know how much she meant to me that morning!

Goal 60% by 6 mths (143lbs) reached at 5.5mths

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

JAlston
on 7/10/12 4:22 am
VSG on 12/07/12
That is awesome Erica, thank you so much for sharing! I am in the process now and while I might have fears from time to time, I know I am doing this for the right reason and I know it is the right thing for me. Thank you so much for the reassurance and incouragement!

Thanks!
Jessica
oppman
on 7/10/12 4:23 am - TX
VSG on 07/23/12
That is AWESOME!

HW- 310, SW 287.6, M1-31.4, M2 -11.2, M3 -15.8

bluerskies
on 7/10/12 4:29 am
VSG on 06/25/12
 Such an encouraging testimony!  Thanks for sharing!
 Jessica

MaryDrew
on 7/10/12 7:38 am
Wow, I'm pre-op and this was awesome. Made me cry for you. How sweet!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views