Thanks B*TCH!

RHCP
on 7/12/12 11:48 pm - Poughkeepsie, NY
I've had two different B*tches at work make comments to me that I'm having a hard time shaking off.

One said to me "Ya know the only way I know you used to be fat are your upper arms" and the other said "Yeah you can totally tell you were fat when you wear short sleeves!"

WHO MAKES THESE COMMENTS!!! There are nicer way's of saying things. I def know the one lady is completely jealous- for the year that she has worked here she has been trying to lose those last 20 lbs with Weigh****chers that's she has been trying to lose for the past 20 years! And when I started losing weight she was like I wish I could do that.

I am very aware of my upper arms- they do really bother me- and ever since they made those comments it bothers me more. Before that I was like short sleeves- tank tops whoo hoo- cause it's better than what they were.  Ultimately I still wear what I do- I just wish I could silence those *****es words from my brain cause I can hear them.

Had to vent- thanks for listening!

Vicki J.
on 7/12/12 11:57 pm - VA
For some reason that's beyond me, it seems like some folks are on this earth to just try and keep people down.  You are doing something SO wondeful for yourself and it SHOWS and they're JEALOUS.  Plain as that.

Keep your head up, and keep up the great work!!!!!  F 'em!!!!  ;)

-Vicki

SD: 07/07/11     Height:  5'9-1/2"     SW: 283     GW:  170     Current Weight:  167

angiagee
on 7/12/12 11:59 pm
VSG on 09/11/12
Do not let them get to you.. misery loves company.. and that is what they are trying to do.. make you feel miserable about yourself like they feel about themselves!!! 
You are rocking at the weightloss thing.. and lots of people arent going to like that.. and OH well.. all their hating is just making you famous is how I think about it!!! :) You didnt have this surgery for anyone else.. you did it for you!!! and you are the only one that needs to be comfy in your own skin.. Im sure you look amazing!!! I do understand the arms feelings tho.. that is my worst fear is what are my arms going to look like once i start losing.. then I just think.. who freaking cares what they look like.. as long as I am happy and feeling good about myself!!!

anyways I could go on and on!!! 

I hope you forget about what these haters have said and get back to being excited about the fact that you have lost so much weight!!!! I say congratulations to you!!!! :)
favrow812
on 7/13/12 12:00 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
HOLY MOLY! you have so much more self control than I do. I would've been fired by now for my reactions! bru**** off girl and move on with your day. You are so much better than them!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Marabell
on 7/13/12 12:02 am
VSG on 06/07/12
Some people are just so insensitive and/or intentionally mean!
I can sooo relate to the arm/loose skin thing. But you know...in your case, because it really sounds like jealousy, I would wave those "flags of success" with pride!

On another side...next time they comment, offer up some of the knowledge and self awareness that you have gained to them. Maybe they just don't know how to deal properly and effectively with their own issues.

KEEP ROCKIN THAT SLEEVE!

BeatrizS1974
on 7/13/12 12:03 am, edited 7/13/12 12:03 am
Girl please!  Don't worry your pretty head over that!  Jealousy will always rear its ugly head.  Look at your arms as badges and as a reminder of who you were and how you will never get there ever again!  Be proud of what you have accomplished!

I wish i had an arm problem becuase that would mean i would have had surgery!  So there!  I too am jealous becuase you had sugery and I was denied!
melly37
on 7/13/12 12:10 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
When someone is so blatently passive agressive like that, I love to turn it around on them.  If you self-depricate, it takes all of their fun away.  So, saying something like, "You know, I went home and looked in the mirror after your comment about my arms.  Yep, there is a lot of excess skin...but, I think it's a badge of honor and validation that I put in a lot of hard work this last year.  I am very proud of my flappy arms!!  I embrace them!"  

I can almost see the look on those b*tches faces.....all of the joy drained right out!!  ha ha ha

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

bigpinkstork
on 7/13/12 12:12 am - NC
So you work in a high school? With Mean Girls?  There are things you JUST DON'T SAY, and those women need to learn that. 
Curvy-Girl
on 7/13/12 12:15 am
This is why I will never wear short sleeves...well I don't wear them now at 336 lbs because I hate my arms.

What a bunch of jerks...some people are just horrible.

CONGRATS on your awesome weight loss!!!! I can't wait till people tell me I used to be fat!!! :D

vogue
on 7/13/12 3:11 am
VSG on 08/30/12
On July 13, 2012 at 7:15 AM Pacific Time, Curvy-Girl wrote:
This is why I will never wear short sleeves...well I don't wear them now at 336 lbs because I hate my arms.

What a bunch of jerks...some people are just horrible.

CONGRATS on your awesome weight loss!!!! I can't wait till people tell me I used to be fat!!! :D
100, 200, 300, 700 pounds, Im gonna wear what short sleeves...   heck today Im wearing strapless....  to hell with em
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views