Going on two years ... reflections

CidGrad
on 7/15/12 9:44 pm - Upper Marlboro, MD
I was a frequent visitor to OH prior to and just after my VSG. I would see vets pop back into forums and say that they were so busy "living" that they just did not have a chance to post on OH. I thought "whatever!" at the time. Now I'm one of those folks --- once you get healed and the weight is gone this becomes your reality. Just a few thoughts:

1. I was 415 at my heaviest; now I'm 255 and look like a ******g adonis -- seriously

2. I never had a problem getting women when I was heavy; now I get propositioned daily. It was cute at first; it gets annoying sometimes now

3. Acohol is great but it is very dangerous. I got popped for a DUI. Please, please, please be careful ... you have no idea how quickly it gets into your bloodstream. It looks like I will have the charges dropped due to a technicality. I hired the best lawyer in my state and fighting this is going to cost me $15K -- NOT WORTH IT

4. This new you will put a strain on your marriage / relationship ... people dont like to see you advance / progress -- they like you fat and miserable. I say to hell with them.

5. Working out is an absolute must. I run, walk, lift weights, hike, bike, kayak ... I love the active lifestyle that I live now

6. I can buy clothes from a regular dept store right off the rack and not have to have them tailored. They fit like a good pair of gloves.

7. I suffered with my VSG ... I ended up having a leak and suffered for 6 months ... almost killed me. I STILL would do it all again ... this surgery has changed my life completely.

For your newbies please recognize that this is a hard road ... not just the surgery but everything that comes with becoming a new you ... prepare yourselves its one helluva ride.

FloridaVSG
on 7/15/12 9:54 pm - FL
VSG on 07/16/12

True words of wisdom! Amen!

Pre-op/HW: 302- SW (7/16/2012): 296 lbs- GW: 160-150 lbs. Month 1: -32 lbs.- Month 2: -16 lbs.
www.theskinnygirlinsideofme.blogspot.com  

Bahamas1968
on 7/15/12 10:24 pm - MI
"F'ing Adonnis" Lol I love it....

I agree it's a transformation physically, mentally, and emotionally. My best friend told me that I looked like a skeleton, and I still weighed 50 pounds more than she does. So you are right, people feel more comfortable around you heavier. But again, that's their problem. I can always get new friends, but I can't get a healthier, happier me.

I love your post Adonnis....

Pkrplyr777
on 7/15/12 10:46 pm - CT

I LOVE IT!!!
So true and to the point.
It's one hell of a ride.

A few pics of a F**%kg  Adonis would not be amiss, lol

cheers,
donna

HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
J.Lo 74
on 7/15/12 10:57 pm
Congrats on your success and  I'm with Donna, where's the pix??? LOL 
Carmelita
on 7/15/12 11:13 pm - Four Corners, NM
 Hey ADONIS!! lmao....good to see ya back n checkin in!!  Yep there are lots of pros n cons to this. 

I like to party...alcohol does impair my weight loss, not only the alcohol calories but inhibitions so low..wind up eating crap I normally wouldn't eat... like gravel sometimes..lmao..but I'll be hittin Chilis n appetizers, batter n flour stuff, desserts uggh! Next day I get back on my plan.........but because alcohol acts so quickly in an altered stomach...I NEVER drink n drive..always have a DD..so covered there.

You sure have been through alot......but yer STILL STANDING and rockin that sleeve!  

WTF-NGo Cid Grad.  
loverofcats
on 7/15/12 11:21 pm
 I am also almost two years out. I remember your postings and what a difficult time that you had. I wondered, how you were doing. Glad to hear that you are doing wonderfully! The VSG is such a wonderful gift.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

judyk62
on 7/15/12 11:48 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
 Great job and great points!

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

favrow812
on 7/16/12 12:14 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Thanks for your post and great job with all of your success!!!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Phyll H
on 7/16/12 12:35 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
Good read.
VSG  8-4-08  -5'5
HW   310
SW   216
CW   172
LW    160
GW   170  
GW    170- 175

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views