What's YOUR best & favorite......

Bf516
on 7/16/12 1:26 pm
 UNFLAVORED protein?

To add to other items 'cause I'm having a hard time finding one that can be added to this n that.
bluerskies
on 7/16/12 1:33 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
 The only unflavored protein I've tried is Unjury.  I've used it in a few things and liked it.  Of course it changed the flavor of the food I put it in a bit, but it wasn't bad and it has helped me to meet protein needs.
 Jessica

Bf516
on 7/17/12 1:52 am
TY 'cause I'm taking notes to try one before my surgery.
barber64
on 7/16/12 1:34 pm - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12

Bf516
on 7/17/12 1:52 am
Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/12 3:41 pm
Forgive me, but I HATED unflavored protein. It made pretty much everything I put it in taste like sweaty ass! I threw out three or four things things I made with it and then just got rid of it. The only way I could really handle protein was in a shake or in my coffee. That's it!
Bf516
on 7/17/12 1:54 am
LOL @ thats face!!!
Sweaty butt.. LOL!!!!!

I tried Jay Robb, flavored, & Love it!! I drink it now & it's pre surgery.

Thx though
morgans
on 7/17/12 2:35 am
VSG on 06/18/12
Unjury is what I use - flavored and un. The unflavored goes best with sweet drinks like Diet V8 Splash or salty/garlicky broths. And I'd do 1/2 a scoop with whatever you do put it in to minimize the flavor change. I can't stand it now but it was a Godsend in the clear fluids stage.

Bf516
on 7/17/12 7:40 am
 That's what I was thinking I could do is add some to my jello, broths, etc.
Not necessarily a full scoop but just sneak some in :)
Thx
INgirl
on 7/17/12 7:49 am
I've used Unjury, Syntrax Medical and NOW brand whey isolate.. I liked Unjury the least and NOW the best.. and NOW is also the least expensive, esp now that I buy it in big sacks!

I use it in so many things: unsweetened almond milk with SF syrups/flavoring PB2, in iced coffee sometimes, mixed in a glass of V8 and spiced like a virgin Bloody Mary.. I use unflavored almost exclusively to mix my own doctored protein shakes vs pre-flavored mixes.. even started using some glucomannan powder (fiber thickener) to make them more substantial as that seems to satisfy my belly more (early out- don't worry about it, thicker shakes would be harder to get down.)

I actually *like* my protein shakes and have one every morning before I eat solid food.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views