Consultation scheduled..I have questions as a date being set is near....feedback please

chocolateeri
on 7/20/12 9:16 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 So my consultation is Wednesday. What all happens during the consultation? Do they run tests? Do they go over other surgery options? Not sure what to expect. They said I will be there for an hour or so and that after the consult is when they schedule surgery.  I thought there would be more to it.

Also...big question here....how many people went on or thought about going on a HUGE  food binge before they started the pre-op liquid diet? Did you do your last buffet? Your last piece of cake? Your last bucket of ice cream or last party where you got drunk? Just wondering...I have been eating  more lately because I know I will not be able to eat like this anymore. This common? I love food.

MuttLover
on 7/20/12 9:53 am
VSG on 11/14/12
 LOL -- I have read about people having a "food funeral", but I will be going on a 10 day cruise a couple of months before I hope to have surgery, so I expect that will be my "last hurrah"!

Best of luck!
chocolateeri
on 7/20/12 10:31 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 lol yea, i throw parties at my house 1-2 times a month. I will miss them, but will probably have 1 big one before i make the drastic changes..1 or 2 trips to the buffet maybe (chinese food, and golden corral), the hardest part, will be ice cream and shakes 
Bufflehead
on 7/20/12 10:23 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13
I think it varies from practice to practice what your initial consult looks like. I spent 2.5 hours meeting with bariatric nurse, nutritionist, surgeon, and exercise physiologist. I had blood drawn, h. pylori test, and resting metabolic rate test. I will have to have a psych consult and an upper G.I. series later on.

I am definitely working on losing weight prior to surgery. I want to get into good habits now and work on re-defining my relationship with food. I also want to weigh as little as possible in order to reduce the risk of complications in surgery. All that said . . . when surgery is approaching, will I at some point probably go out for a big meal and eat my favorite sweets? You bet.
jennygalthin n
on 7/20/12 12:15 pm
my only comments has to do with the food ... fighting 'HEAD" hunger will be one of your biggest challenges... so If you can start to work on that now it would be great... wishing you much success with your WLS journey

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views